FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:39:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE front seat  (Read 1711 times)
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2005, 08:38:55 AM »

The springs have gone in the front seat of my FE 225 special sedan - specifically those where the driver sits.  I've had it looked at today by an upholsterer whose says that it is far gone.  He is recommending replacing the whole seat, but would do repairs if spare parts were available.
Does anyone have a spare seat, or springs???
I have seen the post from Nathan in June and am waiting to catch him to see if his FE wagon front seat is available (and if it is suitable).

An alternative may be a trip to the wrecker at Cooma.  Did anyone who stopped there after the Jindabyne nationals notice whether there were front seats in any of the cars that looked to be in reasonable condition???
I am in Canberra but could manage anything up to around Coffs Harbour for a pick up.
Over to the forum on this one, with fingers crossed.
Cheers,
David

craiga
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:59:20 AM »

David,

What about using the springs from the middle of your seat which won't be sagged to replace the outside ones? Then reset the sagged ones and refit to the middle.

Easy and no need to chase bits.

Cheers,

Craig
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 10:01:38 AM »

Craig the problem is that the springs break rather than simply sag after years of abuse - so replacement is the only option.

You should be able to get springs from the centre of a donor seat to repair your seat though.   Any seat, FE or FC, will be OK to use as a donor, even if it has busted springs under the drivers area.

Ken
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 09:07:15 AM »

I've picked up a donor seat today from Cooma wreckers, so I'm set.  I brought it home in the trailer which shook out some dirt.  When I went to sweep out the dirt I found a 1956 threepenny that had fallen out of the seat.  That's one I'll be keeping as a lucky charm!!!
Cheers,
David

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: