FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 02:24:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NASCO....windscreen venetians???  (Read 3776 times)
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »

Heyas all Smiley

I recently scored this here 'NASCO Venetian Blind For Windscreen. suit EJ-EH' on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565804850

Problem is....I've never heard of NASCO offering genuine windscreen venetians for ANY early Holden Huh. I've found no reference to them in my trusty FX-EJ Holden Master Parts Catalogue and discussions amongst my car club have brought up memories of such windscreen venetians being available in the earlier years yet no memories of any being NASCO-branded. My gut feeling is that I wasn't given the full truth before the sale was done Roll Eyes.

That being said and done, the windscreen venetians DO work a treat on my trusty EJ and design-wise WERE tailored for the EJ-EH windscreen dimensions Grin. Any info yous might have on solving the puzzle is welcome.

Cheers .... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 09:47:21 PM »

what a bargain and yet your Q sounds like a  COMPLAINT,there was other brands selling aftermarket stuff for most cars and people often mistake them for Nasco if its for a Holden,so often just a missconception not a lie..
be happy ,you have a very unusual accessory.

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 11:36:59 PM »

Hi Pete.
No, they weren't a NASCO accessory. Poeple who sell on ebay, like to add the word Nasco to every concievable accessory ever built, even if it was made in China in the late 80s. I have a set of those windscreen venetians, & it has a picture on the front on an HQ, with an EJ in the background. They were available anywhere in the 702 & 80s, stores like Kmart sold them. I would be contacting the seller to ask why he listed them as Nasco & what proof there was to claim that. If he has none, he mislead you. That is wrong.
Tip: Ask the seller before you buy, to provide the p/n that supports the "Nasco" claim.
I recently found a great little light on ebay, (that I was really keen on), that the seller claimed was Holden Nasco. When I asked for the part number. He gave me something totally wrong. Then I asked how he knew it was Holden & he replied "It looks like it could be". Get my point?

Nicko.
Why should he be happy when he bought something that that he was told was Nasco, when it clearly isn't Nasco. Do you know the seller? If it isn't NASCO & he claims it is, that IS a lie, Not a mis-conception.

Rob J

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:02:37 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:40:10 AM »

Hi all,
Rob, I agree with Nicko in that he is assuming from Pete (Ummagumma's) post that, even after finding out they aren't Nasco, that he is happy with a period accessory anyway.

Upon reading Peter's first post, my reaction was, why not check in the parts catalogue and ask other club members BEFORE bidding.  Buyer beware.  Every man and his dog lists items as Nasco on ebay.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Bye for now. Wink

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 06:10:30 AM »

Yes, good point, Shayne. I think Pete is happy, but it gives you the shites when I sit there & watch as someone goes into a bidding frenzy when a seller addes the magic word "NASCO" into the listing. It is such a shame that so many newbies get fleeced when they think they are buying a cool NASCO accessory.

They ARE a cool period accessory, no doubt, but not Nasco as the seller listed.

Rob J

Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »

Gday gday

Ahhh don't get me wrong fellas, I am happy with the windscreen venetians. I did mention that they work very well since being fitted to the EJ Wink. But yeah I'll admit I should have slowed down a bit before getting into the sale and done a bit more asking around. Since doing more of the rounds on Ebay, I have noticed God knows how many sellers flogging crappy-looking bits that were definitely not made by NASCO but it's just like Rob said...."People who sell on ebay, like to add the word Nasco to every concievable accessory ever built, even if it was made in China in the late 80s."

And Nicko did hit the nail on the head in that they are an unusual accessory....they certainly look it since being fitted Grin. With reference to Rob's comment about his venetians, I'd say mine were made in the mid to late 60's judging by the construction of the venetian slats and the binding holding the slats together. The frame to which each set of slats is attached to is made of steel....unlikely that would have been the case by the time the 70's hit (I believe there would have been extensive use of plastic in 70's venetians). Oh well, any further info would still be welcome. And thanks Rob for helping me fill in the blanks Cool!!!

Cheers .... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 11:32:19 AM »

Hi Pete.
I have a set in the box here & will check them out for you tomorrow. Can take a photo of the cover if you like. Got a Mustard Green coloured EJ in the background. Looks to be an HQ they are displayed in. They DO look different!

Rob J

Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 11:59:35 AM »

Gday Rob

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that set so it would be great if you could put up the photo. My curiosity is intensifying lol Grin!!!

Cheers .... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 05:25:01 AM »

Pete,

The ones that I used to sell in K-Mart Auto (1980 to 1988) were all aluminium except for the fabric holding each slat together, the plastic knob, the mild steel rivet and the plastic suction cup.

They are a good accessory though.   Smiley

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: