FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 01:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Special trim on a Standard?  (Read 1808 times)
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:20:12 AM »

Been thinking that while I have most (if not all) the trim for a Special sedan, why not fit it to my Standard?

I'm undecided, but can someone give me the rundown on what's involved in doing this?

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 05:43:42 AM »

What's involved?  Drilling a large number of holes, attempting to obtain clips to hold it on correctly, and IMHO devaluing it in the process.  Note use of term IMHO.

Standard Sedans are RARE.  Special Sedans are common as muck, comparatively speaking.  And I have 2 Special Sedans, before anyone gets hot under the collar.

However, it's your car, you should do whatever you want to it to make you happy.   If you're modifying it anyway, what the hell?  Fitting Special trim gives you options to go two-tone etc.  This was a very common occurrence back in the day, when many standards, panel vans and utes were 'tarted up' with special trim.  But who knew then how relatively uncommon the base models would become?

Hope that helps,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:39:33 AM »

thanks Ret...... think I'll just chop it now!  Tongue Roll Eyes Shocked

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:01:53 AM »

someone mentioned to me once that they had known someone who filled the strip with body filler then glued it into position ,Seems to me like that much filler will give you a good smooth ride with the extra weight of it all Smiley
Theres plenty of alternatives to use on the market which arent so weighty like space saver foam etc.

Dont just want something because you dont got it ! I think they look cleaner without strips IMOJO - In my own jubilent opinion Smiley and always good with a well executed chop hehe
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 09:27:17 AM »

Dont just want something because you dont got it ! I think they look cleaner without strips IMOJO -

I'm with you Harko, was just down this afternoon checking what was in the boot with a mate and he suggested it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: