FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 03:19:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! What are these radios from???  (Read 4276 times)
holdenit

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2005, 08:59:59 AM »

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »

Hi.
Nice score, mate.
You got some rare beasts there.
The top one is a manual control for the FB EK range, BUT, it is the "Commercial" fascia model. This is rare, VERY rare. You will note, that at each end of the radio fascia, it is actually rounded & finished off. Hmmm, how to explain? On the FB EK "Special" range, they had an aluminium feature fascia that connected up to each side of the speedo / fuel / idiot light housing & flowed out from each side. If no raadio was installed, it had a blank that fitted in & flowed in with the fascia. If a radio WAS installed, it flowed in with that trim as well.
On the "Standards" & Commercials (Utes & vans), this trim wasn't there. This is where this radio was used. I have only ever seen 2 others (One NOS that I had). If this confuses you, I can try & get some scans of a Manual fascia I have for a "Special" so you can see the difference.

The second one is a Manual control for an EJ EH (I am 95% sure of this, but will stand corrected).

Goodscore.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 02:09:37 AM »

I think the second one is EJ as EH has a narrower screen

Ken
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »

No,
Don't mention it, Holdenit! Roll Eyes
If you ask a question, then use the reply I provide verbatim in an Ebay listing for that item, at least be polite enough to say "Thanks for the info" or acknowledge in some way the help provided.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32057&item=4563315343&rd=1

"YOU have only ever seen 2 others"? Roll Eyes

Disgruntled Rob. Angry

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:52:22 AM »

on behalf of holdenit , a big thank you 4hammers
                                   Rusty

Bogans rule
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 05:46:20 AM »

Why do you feel the need to put your bib into this, Rusty?
I wasn't talking to you, if I wanted any ..... .... ..., I would ask politely for your witty & often funny input  Grin

Maybe you should go & Police the offensive posters of FB EK related stuff. They are devilishly offensive. Roll Eyes

Rob
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 09:26:51 AM by 4hammers » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 08:34:34 AM »

4Hammers how many people on this forum have you had a disagreement with ? ?
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »

A few I suppose, Harko. But you may well note, that those people have also offended others as well, over & over again. I just find myself able to air my grievences. I didn't think I had been in a beef with you though....had I?

Long story with Rusty.

This fella "Holdenit" asks for some help identifying a few radios, I oblige & he lists my reply, "Cut & Paste" style on ebay without so much as a "Thanks for the help", or a "Heads up, the radios are on eBay".

Does Rusty need to get involved? Don't think so. I have edited the previous reply to Rusty comment.

Rob
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 09:24:25 AM by 4hammers » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 02:09:30 AM »

lol I like how you edited that ...
Nah no beefs here just seeing things from the overall picture point of veiw and thinking of how many constructive long term guys have dissapeared off the forum because of bickering amongst us .

I can see how I took the rusty jive wrong now and yeah Id be chewed from the cut n pasting too ,sorry mate .

I just logged on and thought Oh 4hammers is blueing again.. and then thought of how many we've lost on here .. No gripes mate I just read it wrong..and read a little too far into it.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 02:21:24 AM »

All good, Harko. Grin
Yes, I am the first to admit, I get a beef-up too easy :-/, but was peeved this guy did that, then Rusty chimed in. All over now.

Yes, we have lost a few from the forum, but the diehard backbone guys are still here & I think will always be here.

Glad you are cool, I am keen on all the work you do & would oneday love to check your cars when I get over again. Will arrive in the 37 Chev Sloper & maybe if I am plied with enough grog, you could do some Harko magic on it for me. Stinky did a "Photoshop" job for me & since then, I can't stop thinking about rodding it!!

Rob J

HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 09:05:28 AM »

Rob
You cant rodd that chevvy sloper that would be criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brett

Brett Gillard
HARKO
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 09:47:43 AM »

No it wouldnt (smiling devilishly)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: