FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 400 chev small block  (Read 3226 times)
Wagg

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2003, 10:59:32 AM »

Looking for a 400 chev. Doesn't have to be a runner but rebuildable.  A short motor is okay.  A standard bore would be preferable but will check out any.  Preferably in southeast queensland.  Anybody know of one or have an old smoker lying around?

Regards
Dave

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 11:17:35 PM »

I bags front seat in the test drive once you fit it.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 02:27:57 AM »

Leon
Shayne & I live close so you better get inline early.

I remember the power of the Small block 400 I had in my HQ Coupe. I reacon the Power to weight ratio will be awsome. I still get goose bumps when I think back to sinking the boot and feeling the power sink me further into the seat.

I also remember the time the throttle cable stuck open when I layed the slipper into it around the corner. The wheels spun for about 100 metres, my friends thought it looked like a well controlled burnout. Me on the other hand I cutting washers and laying my own skid marks.

A mild cam double hump fuellie heads and plenty of fuel to power.

I think my days of V8's is over, not through choice though.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Wagg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 09:05:36 AM »

Its not for the wagon unfortunately.  I have a 283 sitting on the shed floor that will go into it someday.  

The 400 is for the next project currently underway.  35 chev roadster.   I figure 400sb, 40 thou over, set of Dart heads, bit of a bump stick, nice set of tuned straws, powerglide auto.  Original set of rails with a glass body on it.  Power to weight should be rather interesting.  I figure it should be a bit of a fun machine.
Still interested in a ride??

Dave

HARKO
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 12:11:26 PM »

Do they make glass bodies for them Wagg, What style are you headed for and who makes em, If its Bods by Elvis take warning and steer well clear mate.
Wagg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 08:43:45 PM »

Harko,
I'm going for a roadster body.  Less expense involved and of course, the open car, the open road sort of thing.  There is a mob building glass bodies in Rocky and Gary Wrench was building them down in Victoria.  Australian Kit Car are also doing Chev glass bodies.  I think Bods by Elvis are only Ford gear.  I like the chevs because there aren't as many about.
There are always rumours about problems with different manufacturers, but I plan to check them out before buying.  Plenty to do before then though.
Dave

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 05:56:19 AM »

The old mans been in the game since um eternity, If you want Ill see what the vibe is throughout the rodders on the companies your interested in when it comes time, cheers
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:19:19 PM »

Just wondering Wagg if you ever got onto a 400 ,Im chasing a 427 and thought maybe you may have come across one Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: