FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:01:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: holden vs ford  (Read 18534 times)
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2002, 04:41:14 AM »

unique - of which there is only one.
             having no like or equal.

Grin

;DIf where going to get technical: unique- being the only one of its kind. It comes via French from Latin unicus (only,sole),which was derived in turn from unus(one). But in modern english, it is used rather loosely to mean 'unequalled,unparalelled or outstanding.' Grin Grin
How about we say just DIFFERENT  Grin
Nothing like a good discussion  Wink Wink
craiga
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2002, 07:35:16 AM »

I love my FC Cheesy
I love my XR8 Cheesy
I love a cold VB Tongue
I love the sound of a V8 Supercar of any make Smiley
I love fat women (woops now I am just getting carried away Grin)

Keep it up guys its great reading and I've learnt so much about the word unique.

All we need now is michaels57 to reaffirm his love for HQ's!!!!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2002, 08:28:36 AM »

Hmmmm Huh

Spider is a Lingwistical Genius (SEE if you can find THAT in your Funk & Wagnell's!!!) Roll Eyes,

Craig A is a pervert (Fat chicks??? :-/, But likes good beer Grin)

But one thing we ALL have in common, is

WE ALL LOVE CARS!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2002, 10:13:04 AM »

DEAR TRYELLE

JUST TRYING TO GET PEOPLE BACK ON TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC AT HAND IE:WHY HOLDENS ARE BETTER THAN FORDS [OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT], I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED AND DRIVEN HOLDENS, INCLUDING A HQ AND A HX WHICH I LOVED DEARLY AND ONLY SOLD FOR LOVE.

CURRENT STABLE INCLUDES A VN WAGON AND MITSUBISHI TRITON 4WD DUAL CAB NOT TO MENTION "EFFIE" WHOM I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BRINGING BACK TO LIFE. WHY? THE WAGON BECAUSE OF KIDS, THE UTE BECAUSE OF LOAD SPACE,AND KIDS, AND THE FE BECAUSE YOU CANNOT BEAT A GENUINE CLASSIC OF THAT ERA [TRY FINDING A 1958 MODEL FALCON]. MY WIFE WANTS AN EH WHICH I MIGHT GIVE SOME THOUGHT TO AFTER I HAVE FINISHED EFFIE'S RESUSICITATION.

ALL IN ALL MY REASONS ARE LARGELY OF A PURELY EMOTIONAL NATURE AS MOST FORDS HAVE NEVER REALLY TURNED ME ON WHERAS HOLDENS ALWAYS HAVE.

DENIS

PS: I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY WITH KEN RE BUY AUSTRALIAN AS MY OWN JOB DEPENDS ON IT. SO IF YOU NEED PAINT BUY BRISTOL, IT WILL KEEP MY FAMILY FED. Cry
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2002, 11:03:57 AM »

When was the last time a Ford won Bathurst using a Aussie built car, with an Aussie built Motor, while going up against an Holden (Which are ALWAYS assembled in OZ. As opposed to the Sierras) with an an Aussie built motor.

Two years ago!!!!!
The car and the motor are built by the race team which won, based here in Australia.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2002, 11:08:12 AM by air-chief » Logged
coolaride
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2002, 12:32:53 PM »

PS: I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY WITH KEN RE BUY AUSTRALIAN AS MY OWN JOB DEPENDS ON IT. SO IF YOU NEED PAINT BUY BRISTOL, IT WILL KEEP MY FAMILY FED.  

sorry Denis , i just painted my bathroom and used Haymes paint .
but it does say Australian made and owned.
i guess thats one good thing.  Wink

next time i`ll buy Bristol  Grin

p.s in the mean time i hope your family doesnt starve  Grin
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2002, 08:30:18 PM »

I guess we could all see this sh*t-storm coming from the subject line. The original question was about personal choice and why. Maybe we better get back to that before it's gets nasty.

You can mudsling, name call and quote figures and history all day, but you won't persude anyone to change their personal choice.

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2002, 07:38:36 AM »

Two years ago!!!!!
The car and the motor are built by the race team which won, based here in Australia.

If I am wrong, I apologise, but aren't the Ford V8's imported from the US & have been since the XE (Or there-about's) ?? :-/
That race team may have RE-BUILT the motor, but it was originally a US import.

Ford DO make some kick-ass components, like the Top loader gearbox, & how many Holdens are running a 9inch diff? STACKS!!!!

I am not bagging the Fords, but trying to make a point. Don't forget Air-Cheif, my dream car is a Shelby GT500KR Mustang. Kiss

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2002, 07:53:22 AM »

:)Favourite Car well I have to say FC Holden, I have owned many a Holden, ford, Valiant, Mini Minor and even a Vanguard but I still love my FC.
Current stock in the shed, 1 x 1998 SS Commodore, 2 x FC Holden Sedans and 1 x 1994 Commodore Wagon, plus the work supplied Holden Combo van.
As to V8 supercars never brand use a motor available to the general public, the Ford’s use a US nascar block as a basis and the Holden’s use a narrow V Chev block also supplied from the US. Apart from the general body shape neither vechile is really representive of what the average Joe blow can drive.
John M Wink

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2002, 07:55:33 AM »

Hey 4Hammers

Each to their own.

Holden import their V8 as well these days. Ford just showed them the way Wink

I drive a Holden as my everyday car, given the $$ I would like to be driving a different make of car.

If it weren't for HRT I think many more V8supercar races would be won by the Ford guys.

air-chief Cool
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2002, 08:15:29 AM »

Just to add

Favourite Car, well now thats tuff. Theres so many I would love to park in the driveway.  HK Monaro, a GT, 57 Chev, XR8. the list in my head seems endless.

At the moment I have parked in the driveways/garages are:
EK sedan totally original, that never sees the light of day.
FC sedan( not mine ), doing some work before it goes. Hint Hint. Kiss
 FC Ute, Project to be started. Major Mods Grin
VL Calais, local runaround
Mazda Beaver tail, work horse.
Corolla, the little womens.

See No Fords! Shocked
And who knows whats around the corner Cheesy
craiga
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2002, 08:37:15 AM »

This is what sits in the garage next to the Poo Mobile.

No bias here Grin Grin Grin
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2002, 09:01:07 AM »

;)HI TYRELLE
  YOU WON'T FIND A FORD PARKED IN MY DRIVEWAY!
  I BELIEVE HOLDEN VEHICLES ARE BETTER ENGINEERED, BETTER  APPEARANCE, BETTER QUALITY, BETTER RESALE VALUE THAN FORDS.
HOLDEN VX AND FC OWNER.
REGARDS ACE. Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 09:26:45 AM by ACE » Logged
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2002, 09:27:53 AM »

Well,

It has to be holdens  !!!!!! I have had 3 FC`s,1 HR, several Torana`s, VC valiant, 36 Plymouth, VR and VN commodore.XY falcon.

The commodores are crap, terrible brakes,dreadful handling in stock mode,The valiant up to the chargers out performed out handled any standard six holden or ford.

The old Plymouth I have had for 22 years it will be part of my estate when I die. For its time reliable safe only better was the V8 ford. As much as I love my FC and Plymouth if I had a choice of a new car now it would have to be a Subaru, or Honda.

Sorry guys Commodore and ford do nothing for my taste buds any more. They need to improve build quality for starters before I will even think about buying another new holden or falcon.

Regards ChrisB   Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 09:35:06 AM by ChrisB » Logged
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2002, 10:02:31 AM »

This is what sits in the garage next to the Poo Mobile.

Whats That Colour??? Is it a new shade of Poo? Shocked

Mine would be the AUII if I could get the cash together for it Cry Cry

Still wrestling with that scanner Angry Angry have the pixs soon
craiga
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2002, 08:36:50 PM »

Sorry but I agree with ChrisB.

If you are a devout Holden or Ford man and looking to purchase a new car take the time to go to your local Honda or Subaru dealer. In my humble opinion (and over the years that of Wheels, NRMA/RACV, Modern Motor) the Liberty is a MUCH better car than the current or recent past Holden, Ford, or Mitsubishi. Ok its a little smaller and has less power, but has standard 4WD, lots of power stuff standard, is extremely well built and finished (compare Subaru and Honda paint to Ford/Holden), is a similar price to a base model AU or VX, and retains resale value. It obviously won't tow a caravan or boat like the AU or VX but is much more fuel efficient. Smart choice is Honda or Subaru, emotional choice is Ford or Holden.

I bought my XR8 because its a manual V8 and I think it looks and sounds good. However the factory paint is thin in areas and it has had some minor problems in its cotton wool, never driven in rain, 7 year/45 000km life.
(OK all you devout, one eyed Holden guys can laugh at me now, but what was the Holden choice at the time - a VS Series 1 SS or an overpriced ($54000) Clubsport Grin)

My Subaru is 8 years old, has done 195000km's and has had 1 clutch (at 165000km's) and 2 CV boots 2 weeks ago. The paint is still perfect except for some chips on the front. It cost about $30000 new in 1994, and current Redbook is about $13000. The XR8 cost $50000 new in 1995, Redbook is now about $15000 (it always scares me when I look Cry )

Ford Holden = emotional purchase but Australian made
Mitsubishi = nobody buys because there is no emotion
Toyota's are well built and finished but boring as bat shit
Honda Subaru = Quality, value

From what I have read Holden and Ford aren't scared to admit their challenge is to keep up with the Japanese and Europeans. All power to them, for the good of the motoring industry in Australia, I hope they do.

We love our old Holdens for obvious reasons but the new stuff is a different story.
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2002, 09:15:25 AM »

;)WHO REMEMBERS WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT?HuhHuhHuhHuh?
 REGARDS ACE Cool

HOLDENS' BEST FORGET THE REST!
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2002, 09:43:54 AM »

Goodonya, Ace.   Seemed to me at the start that this question was aimed at having a stir and it got the desired result.  Why else put such a question on a HOLDEN board!   In my humble opinion, (and not being a cunning linguist), both Holdens and Fords as produced in Aust. are good vehicles for what they are designed for. I have owned both, but now apart from my beloved FE, drive a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 which also is a good vehicle,  apart from being underpowered.  Cheers!  Sheriff.
coolaride
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2002, 12:54:43 PM »

i also like datsuns . ever since my mum drove me around in her yellow datsun 120Y with a vinyl roof.
those were the days.
i felt so special and lucky to be seen in it every day.
everyone was so jealous and i was so popular at school.
everywhere i went people knew my name.

"hey theres the kid whose mum drives that datsun , come and talk to us" they would say.

aah memories.

what the hell am i doing owing two fc`s and a wrx .
anyone know where a good straight 120Y is ?

coolaride  Grin
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2002, 10:32:17 PM »

YES, I know how you feel, Coolaride!! Grin

My Mum had a Red 120Y with a vinyl roof. Man, the looks we would get  Shocked. I even remember the number plate, BB 3370 (TAS).Heads turned everywhere we went, especially when she gave it a bit of a blurt. The note that issued from the single half inch system was spine tingling!!! Shocked

You wouldn't happen to know the build number of you Mum's car would you? I am after the compliance plate details, as I think Mum's was a special build.

I am glad I am not the only one to appreciate the virtues of the MIGHTY 120Y Tongue Tongue

4hammers Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: