FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:30:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Passing of John Cusack  (Read 2863 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2005, 08:10:35 AM »

It is with much sadness that I advise that John has passed away after a short battle with cancer.
Only a few would know John and even fewer would have met him as he lived in Perth.
For those that don't know, John started the repro decal business for the Vic club and had been the supplier with very little benefit to himself for over 10 years.
John also owned and mostly built the 3 tone green FC sedan which won grand champion at the Sydney Nats.
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to John for finally being able to achieve my dream of winning a Nationals.

Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 04:20:47 AM »

Hey Ken.
Sorry to hear about John's passing.
We have lost another supporter of our Holdens.
Regards
Alex

gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 04:47:23 AM »

Sorry to hear this sad news
Bessie_3
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 05:10:38 AM »

G'day Ken,

It's always sad to hear of a Holden owner passing, especially after a battle with cancer. Condolances to any family John may have left behind. A terrible indiscriminate disease and I'm sure we all personally know someone who has affected. Sad

I for one have had cancer. I'm about to have an annual follow up inspection and hope to be given the all clear five years after the surgery.  :-/

Dig deep and throw a few bob in the biggest morning tea collections this week and we might help find a cure for this horrible disease. Smiley

Derrick.
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 12:51:56 PM »

Sorry to hear of the sad news of John's passing away. Although l never meet John but spoke to him over the phone and like Ken said John supplied the decals for the Vic club which help with our clubs financialy. John was a long serving member of the Victorian FE/FC Holden Club inc.
Regards Tony Galea.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 10:07:10 PM »

Happy trails John, I was helped out by John years ago when he sent me N.O.S. & reproduction parts, all the way from WA.
The old Holden movement has lost another devotee.
Gary
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:21:07 AM »

Yet another devotee has left us. John was a long term rock solid member of our club and his input and dedication to the repro stickers which directly benefit our club and all other Holden restorers will be forever remembered. As ken mentioned his Fc sedan and the truck load of NOS bits and pieces was a joy to behold. I only hope that wherever he may rest that their are plenty of early GMH beauties for him to enjoy.

Vale John Cusack

Brett

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: