FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 12:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: two colour paint  (Read 1922 times)
Jonno

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:09:36 AM »

Hi,
Shortly to be contemplating painting.... I like these two-colour paint jobs folk are doing (see composite photo) but don't quite understand what you do at the join (see arrows). There doesn't seem to be any natural break in the contour of the door i.e if you follow the colour back around the trim, down, around the base it comes up to join the white area without a break. So, where do you paint the join? anyone got any photos of the inner (hidden) part of the door showing this?

thanks, Jonno Huh

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:52:19 PM »

Jonno
        As seen on Hilda's door which was painted as per her orginal line the white breaks in line with the bottom of the dash and the blue in line with the black across the top of the dash. Can't say if this is right or wrong but thats were Hilda was to start with. Also my wagon that I am about to start striping is the same.Hope this helps.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:25:39 PM »

Hi Sarge,
I guess the part I don't understand is do you continue the white inside the bit of the door we can't see (where the hinges are) or is the panel we see the only white patch i.e what does the join look like at the door corner?
thanks, Jon

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 11:46:59 PM »

Jonno,

Generally the paint stops just behind the curve of the face panel of the top of the door, but does not go around to where the hinges come out.

You just need to ensure that the dash and door colour are continuous when the door is shut ie/ the windlacing covers the junction in the colours.

Hope that makes sense,

My advice - go single tone! Grin

Edward
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 04:16:27 AM »

yep..that make sense.

thanks guys, Jonno Smiley

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...