FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:20:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Station Sedan production figures  (Read 2742 times)
Dave Petrusma
« on: April 18, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi Guys and girls.
Informative pages but I couldn't find prodction figures for FC Station Sedan. Can someone help me please. I have a tri colour Station Sedan under restoration/mild modification. It is Black over Cape Ivory with an extra red flash which I belive was known as a Miami Kit? Any info on my wagon would be appreciated. Photos can be found at http://www.kustom.net/fc/
Regards, Dave Petrusma.
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Dave,
Unfortunately there are no records of production figures by body-style that I have ever seen.  However, having said that, the figures for Station Sedans are probably the only ones which could be separated from the total of 181,624 FCs, because S/Sedans were only manufactured at the Elizabeth plant.  All the other body-styles were manufactured at multiple plants, making it a lot more difficult to arrive at the total produced.
Ken McLean (one of the regular contributors here), has the complete list of all the Tilli's Kits fitted to various model Holdens.  I'm not sure if the one you have is a Miami or not, but he definitely will be able to tell you.  Ken, are you out there? ;-)
hope that helps,
Richard Thomas
Ken
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Ken McLean
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Yes I'm here! Whilst the exact number of FC wagons built isn't known, it can be estimated once enough data has been collected.  The highest body number I have recorded is 29786 A in Perth followed by 29780 A in Melbourne registered 17/12/59, so both cars are pretty close to the end. An estimate of 30000 is probably what GMH aimed for. Add to this the approximate 7000 special wagons built in Melbourne (yes, wagons were built in Melbourne) and you get my best estimate of 37000 special wagons built. The Tilli stripe kit you have is called the "Custom Flash" - Very appropriate for your line of work.  I will email you a scan of the page out of the Tilli catalogue for your info.  Regards   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: