FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Trim Moulding Clips  (Read 2401 times)
meeky

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:15:37 AM »

Looking for half a dozen moulding clips (new or used) for the rear mouldings for an FC wagon.

Part number is 7134149.
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:40:20 AM »

g'day mate,Rare Spares have these in stock last time i checked.cheer's COL. Wink
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 05:15:35 AM »

Col, Thanks for the reply.

The original part is made from spring steel with folded edges and a very small hole through the centre for securing to the body by a small gauge screw.

The clip that Rare Spares supply is a substitute part rather than the correct part. It usually comes as one component of the FC moulding clip package. Unfortunately it also bears very little resemblance to the original. It is made from flat steel that slides into the trim rather than clip onto it, it uses a welded machine bolt and nut (instead of a screw) and you need to drill out the existing hole in the  body to about triple the normal size to accomodate the increase in diameter.

The original clip was made obsolete from the GM parts list in 1989 and even Rare Spares tells me they aren't able to supply the substitute clip at the moment.

The stupid thing about this exercise is that I am only trying to replace these bits and pieces because I had mine pinched whilst the wagon was in storage. The old girl was stored in a garage with the left side up against a truck loading bay. Some very enterprising individual new exactly what he was doing, broke into the car and systematicall removed all of trim from the right side. Absolutely no damage was done and all the parts that weren't required were left safe and sound in the back. At this stage, these are the only items I haven't been able salvage from my spares supply or wrecks.
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 07:35:03 PM »

Meeky
            I fitted up a my external trim on my wagon last weekend & have some spare clips I got from Slim left over if you need them. I think i have about 3 or 4 of those ones for rear Quarters. I found these same clips were used on EK's or FB's to hold the external trims on the doors.
Glenn                                          

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:10:35 AM »

Glenn,

Thanks for the offer.
I'd be quite happy to either buy the items from you or trade. Could you advise me your contact details, either on the forum or by message.

Daryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: