FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EH Sump and pickup wanted  (Read 1912 times)
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005, 08:51:16 PM »

Chasing an EH red motor sump and oil pickup for red conversion, any help would be appreciated
Matt
(0431) 444-848
fjboys@iinet.net.au
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 06:40:49 AM »

Hope this doesn't confuse you too much ( it may just help you )....I was told by a member if the WA Club, that EH Sumps are good, but best suited to dragging where by when you launch hard, the oil throws back to the rear of the sump where the pick up is.....whereas for normal street driving, you are better off with a HT/HK/HG sump, as the pick up and lowest part of the sump is actually in the middle, not at the rear like the EH.

I know everyone who does a red conversion goes for an eh sump, but by all accounts the HT sump is the way to go....and yes it does fit in a HR front end !

Maybe Surferboy can add more to this, as it was his car that was pointed out to me by Mark Bone......and with over 5 FC's ranging in Utes, Wagons, Sedans, and Stretch Limos and Convertables, all powered from Red Motors, Supercharged, V8's and Chevs, Boner would know !

Sorry if that confuses the issue, but may just help broaden your search if EH sumps are hard to come buy !

Cheers

Mark

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 12:21:21 PM »

im fairly sur only LC-LJ Torana and EH sumps clear the crossmember in FC FE conversions,

earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 12:32:31 PM »

That has thrown another option into the equation, just going with what I had been told! the conversion is actually for the EK, but would be the same Nicko I believe.

Has anyone else used the later model or can anyone clarify this??

Matt
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 12:33:34 PM by earlyholdenfan » Logged
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 11:08:27 PM »

NIcko...not sure about the Toranas myself, but I can assure you , that I have seen a HK/T sump in a HR front ended FC WAgon with my own eyes...like I say......have a talk to SURFERBOY.

Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: