FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:15:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: column for rack  (Read 1546 times)
RUBBLE

FC WAGONS ARE COOOOOOL

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2004, 11:04:07 AM »

im after the best column to use in my fc,hr front,red 6 rack and pinion steering.i want a column that has all the ignition,blinkers and lights etc on it for a cleaner dash.what works best,what knuckles to use etc.cheers rubble ;)also what type of centre mount handbrake works best?
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 09:53:34 PM »

Rubble,

Commodore column is good or torana stuff works too (looks comparatively old now).

I've used UC column with LJ lower (bearing vs plastic bushing) and modified length to suit the close fit up with V8 and exhaust.  Wiper/dip/indicator controls are using a VB commodore stalk.  Column grommet thru firewall is stock FC.

knuckles (torana) - the cotter pins are harder to come by these days but CRS re-manufacture these. I got my knuckles from GMH years back.

If i were to do it now, I'd use commodore items.

Handbrakes, almost any car with a floor mount handbrake can be adapted to suit.   The EH I am driving atm has a VK handbrake welded in the floor.

U dont have to use Holden stuff, anything can work really, strolling thru pick and payless can be inspirational (or maybe that's just me).

hope this of some help.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: