FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Running on empty "on DVD"  (Read 7878 times)
HARKO
« on: September 11, 2004, 11:38:29 AM »

Thats right ,It came out on dvd in stores today around these parts.
And guess who was there to receive it...

While on topic .
Has anyone had or has anything to do with the 57 from the movie ,Im hoping to get the same or a similar exhaust note from the 350 I have .

After hearing Bens HR wagon with 350 and Walker muffs Id be inclined to say that the 57 sports the same with possibly a stainless system.

Has Bens car got stainless ? My memory preceeds me ,and whats his tag in here ?
craiga
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 08:00:13 PM »

Harko,

Can't help with the exact exhaust type, but I remember this 57 very well. A guy from around Penrith owned this thing and I was lucky enough to be taken for a drive at the Kangaroo Valley Rod Run, which must have been about 18-20 years ago. We went from the Woolshed out of town back into the caravan park. I had consumed a few beers at the time but remember how great it sounded, and how WELL it went. There were grass events that weekend and he gave it heaps, along with everyone else. I went there in my mate Don's twin 600 Holley Tunnel rammed and stroked 308 HX Van, 100 MPH all the way down the Hume drinking VB. Ahhh, those were the days  Grin

This run is down your way - is it still held?

Cheers,

Craig.
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 08:38:27 PM »

did someone say WOOLSHED Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 09:09:15 AM »

Craig I beleive that run still exists ,I remember hearing something about it about a year ago - Wanna go !
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 11:23:34 AM »

Hey Harko.
Scored these pics from a mate for your viewing pleasure. Pics were taken at the time the movie was being made.
Regards
Alex

HARKO
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 01:29:47 PM »

Awesome stuff Alex , The area doesnt look familiar must be out "Kemps Creek way" "With the wood ducks"

Awesome , Awesome stuff mate ,thanks
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 12:12:06 PM »

1 more pic of that 57, this time it's 1 I took in '84. On a not so close examination, you could see where the trim holes were patched up. Someone mentioned that the new owner intended to replace the chrome trim.

I have some pics of the Fox somewhere also.
Both Awesome cars!
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 12:13:08 PM by custom_fc » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

Theres a mate I work with whos a dead set ringer of "Foxy" poor bastard ,He drives a range rover hehe
blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 06:52:37 AM »

I had a mate who worked in the workshop building all the cars for that movie, I used to hang around there when I had the chance,the 57 had a 454 in it which was replaced with a 350 when they sold the cars off, the motor was sold seperately. I have the "BLOWN 57" numberplate  in my  numberplate collection.
I tried to buy the 57 -it was for sale for $8000 , this was in early 1983 and I was a first year apprentice, couldnt get a bank to loan me the money for some strange reason , so I bought the EK for $1500 instead.

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 08:55:09 PM »

i remember working in a pub on sydneys northern beaches in the early 80's when the 57 rumbled into the bottle shop next door, the two guys working in the shop were real car nuts so can you imagine their faces when this thing appeared in the driveway Grin. after providing the driver with the required refresments they pleaded with him 'to  give it a bit' when he left, well lets just say it took about 5 mins for the electronic eye in the bottle shop driveway to shut off and stop buzzing and about two weeks to wipe the grin from their faces. i can still see the smoke billowing from the drivethrough  Grin

and recently a spray painter working on the restoration of the landcaster bomber at the australian war memorial showed me photos of his mates car in Qld.... the dodge still in the same paint and looking just as mean. i think this thing still exists somewhere up north.

what a movie i still rate it as one of my favorites aussie flicks of all time!!!!!!! stoked to hear its out on DVD, i know what i'll be doing this weekend...
d

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
bop666

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 04:24:54 AM »

great movie.seen it about 10 times now.
t rev
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 12:38:50 PM »

I was working for Big W at Chullora when it was being filmed.  I was told that someone was making a car movie 'up the road' so I went for lunch straight away, went home & got my camers.  I got to the intersection of Waterloo Rd & Rawson Rd just as they finished pulling (Police supervised) burnouts with RAMMER, FOX-1 & the HOey.  One day I'll get my slides scanned & post them here.  At the time, they told me that the movie being made was 'Midnight Spares' (a pity about the White Knight Charger).

For a couple of years after the movie, that '57 Chev turned up in several ads in the Trading Post.  When we called, we always got a Greek Grocery Shop, the people claimed to know nothing about the car.  The ads for things such as the 'Lowered Ashtray Model EH' used to be good for a laugh though.

Cheers

Spinner

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
FC2104

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2004, 12:44:56 AM »

has anyone else noticed that at the start of the movie the yellow monaro doing the burnout before the run is a v8 and when it rolls is a six
Deano Wink
HARKO
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 10:18:38 AM »

What about when foxy blows up ,He is driving a CL Valiant sedan.
And hows the special effects when that XM Falcon gets hit ,All four doors fall off it and hey - theres no one driving it....
Absoloutely love this movie to death ,I reckon Ive watched it about 50 times or more not joking.
FC2104

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 11:49:40 PM »

classic comments
Spotto a 57chevy twodoor
Green ........Greens nice
His name is piss off
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 11:01:15 AM »

Harko
The owner lives around Penrith, he is a friend of my cousin.  He owned the car prior to the movie and had first dibs once the movie was finished. As Blacky said it was sold minus the big block.
I am unsure if he still has the car or not as I have not been back home for about 10 years now.
I will say however I had a couple of rides in the car all those years ago.

I have about 5 NOS copies of the video. You can never have enough copies of a good old Australian Cult Classic.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
horsepower

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 03:11:43 AM »

I went to the "power cruise" at eastern creek last weekend and the blk chev was there. The guy that owns is around 30(at a guess) and is not changing anything on the car. He wants to leave it how it is. I have a picture of it but i'm not sure how to post it.

Leanne

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 08:15:51 AM »

I have great memories from this movie. I remember first seeing it at the Village cinema in Bourke st in Melbourne. Then later on trying to track it down to buy on video with no success. Then my sister found it for me on video and once i had it i played it too death. I recently bought it on DVD and still get a kick out of putting on, on a Saturday night and having a good laugh and wonder what ever happened too that 57.
  That movie started my interest in tuff street cars and ever since i have wanted one. now i finally have one and it sounds just like the 57, and i tell you its grouse taking my FE 350 sedan out for a run, burnout, race or just a family outing.
   This movie has alot to answer for. Thanks for reading,
                 Cheers Scott   Cheesy Cheesy Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: