FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:15:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clips for kickboard  (Read 1805 times)
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2004, 05:00:26 AM »

Can anyone help me source ORIGINAL METAL CLIPS for the kickboard in the front of the cabin . The one that is just to the right of the acelerator pedal. I have 4 but need another 4 to finish of the interior of my FB . I think they are all the same from FE - EK. I am in Brisbane. Any help as to purchasing original clips would be greatly apreciated Smiley Thanks
                              BRAD

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 07:13:58 AM »

I don't believe the original metal clips are available.  Part way through the FB production run they were changed to plastic, as the metal ones were a major cause of body rust (see NSW 'sideplate_v23n04.pdf' for my article on Firewall Leaks)
If you want the original metal ones, there may be some on wrecks (the ones on the firewall inside the enginebay), otherwise checkout your favourite trimmer (or Spectrum Rubber) as they have various sizes/styles of plastic 'christmas tree' clips which tend to be more waterproof, and look similiar.
Unless the car is being restored to absolute concourse condition I would not bother with the originals, and if you do use them be sure to properly seal the fixing with a flexible sealant on the outside.

Cheers

Geoff_K
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 08:25:34 AM »

Sorry Geoff bit I think there is some confusion here. I have just looked in the shop manual and its called the " shroud lower trim panel" . Its on the inside of the car and the clips fit to the Front body pillar. I hope this clears this up. Smiley.
                         BRAD

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: