FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: info reqd  (Read 3212 times)
fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004, 08:33:38 AM »

does anyone know the wereabouts of my old bright yellow fe sedan ?i last owned it in 1985-86 .iwent to the first tri state run in ballarat . old rego no is OLQ-459 nsw.it had no body or chassis no at all .was powered by a 173 red mtr  3 speed on the floor  any info would help thanks
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 09:20:37 AM »

Is that really you, Danny B?

Long time no see.  I well remember the Bridge-Stoned FE, we cruised down to Ballarat behind it in Faecal, back when my mate Matthew owned it.

Your car turned up again first about 12 or 14 years ago, when it was owned by a guy called Lawlor (I think), who had it back in pieces.  I think I met him at the Bankstown Aerodrome show when I had the FC that my Dad has now, which would make it 1990-ish? He joined the club but never came to meetings or runs, and I don't think he finished it.

Then another guy who bought it off him took an interest in joining the club.  He rang me chasing some bits for it, and when we got talking I realised it was the same car.  He had it much closer to completion, but unfortunately he never actually joined.  I'm afraid I can't recall his name now, although it may come to me later.  I've no idea if he finished it or not.

Hope all is well with you.  Have you got an FE Ute now?  Feel free to stick your head in at a club meeting one day - you'll see some faces you might remember.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:29:26 AM »

yes ret it is me danny b. inow have a 56 fe ute i am building from the ground up . i would drop into ameeting but i live in eden on far south coast . igot a few bits off slim awhile back  .but i cant picture you . please refresh my memory
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:51:02 AM »

Hey Danny.
How are things going? Good to see you are still into the FE/FC's. I also travelled down in convoy with you in my then 2tone green FC sedan. I had my wife (now ex) and young son (now 20) with me. I distinctly remember you had a few mates with you and got into a bit of mischief resulting in a lecture from mother Margaret.
You were also involved in the Tug o war, helping the NSW club win the sport trophy.
Here's a pic of your car taken at the actual run - later known as the 1st Nationals.
Regards
Alex
PS. Sorry, have not seen your old car of late.
PPS. How about some pics of your current FE.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 10:52:45 AM by custom_fc » Logged

fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 08:31:30 AM »

Alex and RET thankyou for your info i rember you both quite well and gary claypoll and sum fella from newcastle.

Alex i cant remember any1 called mother margret and WHAT mischief?

and i will try and get a few pics of the new ute in the next week for u both.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 11:55:39 AM »

Well, this is what you would call extremely "serendipitous".  I spent most of today clearing out my shed (unfortunately not to put a car in it, just to get rid of so much crap that had accumulated in there...)

Anyway, amongst a pile of very old Car Club stuff, I found this photo.

For everyone else, this is Danny's FE and Alex's FC when it still had its original paint on it, before it went black, scalloped, flamed, purple etc etc.

Danny, I don't think I have a photo of me from then, but I was co-driving a blue and white FE Special if that's any help.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 11:16:03 AM »

Just as a matter of interest, it probably isn't the same car. I recently spotted a bright yellow FE driving in Canberra. Circumstances at the time would'nt let me chase it. It had the same rake to it.
Colin

colt
fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 09:49:28 AM »

thanks for all the info chaps i will keep in touch

cheers danny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)