FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:17:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Repro Heater Ducts  (Read 2652 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: August 31, 2001, 07:11:12 AM »

Hello,

I am determining the feasability of getting a short run of reproduction fibreglass heater ducts made.  These are modelled directly off an original duct and am trying to get numbers so i can finalise a cost with the fibreglasser.

I am unsure of the final cost, however an indication of numbers required would point me in the right direction.

I f you are interested in these email me at ed-ho@i... or ring me on mobile 0404 848 774.

I hope to have the first prototype made within the next 2 weeks, after which i should be able to supply a picture of the original versus the reproduction.

please email me if you are interested.

thanks
Ed

ph (02) 9209 4255
fax (02) 9209 4257
mob 0404 848 774
Australian Technology Park
Eveleigh  NSW  

in the shed
Bill
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2001, 07:13:57 AM »

Ed.

I am new to the world of 'FC ownership' and my son and I are currently doing a light 'fix-up' of a Station Sedan.  This vehicle has a preslite heater/demister.(Round unit that fits to the inside of the firewall above passenger feet.   This unit only has one 'duct' to the drivers side and this is by way of a 'vacuum cleaner' type hose. There is space for a second one to the passenger side but the flange is missing, as is the part that clips onto the dash vent hole (?).  For the comfort of passengers there is two 'doors' on the front of the unit. What are these ducts you are talking about?  Are they the parts that go from the heater unit to the dash?  Or, are they the parts that fit onto the dash? Both?  Wrong heater altogether? Any further details for a novice owner?

Thanks in advance

Bill.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2001, 07:15:58 AM »

Hi Bill,

Im doing alight fix up of an FE wagon too.. taken me 5 years so far!. the parts i am referring to are the parts that connect hose to under dash. They screw into the dash under the vent holes.

regards

Ed

in the shed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2001, 01:59:01 AM »

Im looking for a warmaride heater or smiths equivalent for my FE.

Update on heater ducts... the mould has been made, and i should have some prototypes this time next week.
i will try place a pic for all to see, but expected price is and shouldnt exceed 20 dollars a piece.

in the shed
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2001, 06:00:07 AM »

Hey Ed,

I will be in for a couple of those for the Van. Leave a post when they are done.
Regards
Jason Grin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2001, 06:02:11 AM by fevanv6 » Logged

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: