FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cut it custom by Harko FC2dWag  (Read 79751 times)
HARKO
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2006, 02:13:57 AM »

AMAZING ,Not one comment !

This was a major milestone in the build of this car and I was realy hoping for something in return here ,oh well Roll Eyes
The next update from here will be further down the track when the car is finished
I'll be sticking at it untill it's done now - When are the national's again Smiley
Thank's very much those who have shown interest and given comment's along the way it has been a great help and has realy kept me going with enthusiasm .
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2006, 02:32:22 AM »

Was just marvelling at it, and saw you'd posted again.  Mate, it's an awesome achievement.

Things are a bit quiet around here at the moment - prob quite a few people on holidays etc.  Lucky you don't need us to motivate you, eh?

Keep up the good work.

cheers
RET

PS - The "Modify" button should still show up on the very last post in a thread, if you're the poster.  If that's not happening for you, let me know.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2006, 02:48:24 AM »

I think the few of us that are around are still picking our jaws off the ground. I have also been enjoying 2 days of peace with the wife and kids off at their Aunt's place, and I have been sorting brakes on the FE, so not a lot of time on the board.

I would like more details on the donor, but only after I finish off the FE Sedan  Grin otherwise I'd be off on a donor hunt for the next FE/FC build.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »

Harko (the motorvator),

im with stinky-its amazing that you have gotten so far with this car in a matter of a couple of days- i mean look at it, i think youve put everybody into shock :O:O:O

keep up the good work-

Regards
Torque (the Motorvated)

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2006, 06:38:05 AM »

RET- i just tried to modify something on my post, and the modify button is not there, all there is is quote, and report Huh

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

stevefcvan

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »

mate this build is something that a lot of people would only dream about achieving and look at you, i dont know what you do for a living, but i know a few panel beaters that would never take the chance of building whats going to be one of the most talked about cars around when its done.    i have only been on this board for 12 months and love it when you put up dates up of this van.  its just great to see some one that is not afraid of taking on such a job in there home shed.   please dont deny us of seeing the rest of the build up     thanks for the pics of the  build so far.    steve
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »

;)i think most of us are busy with holiday activities,but i must say when i saw the latest pics the words i used were "holy shit batman"thats one major modification that i think not a whole lot of us on the forum would even attempt!!when you get this wagon finished i think you might have to consider the changing of your surname to coddington,he,he,he i think there are more people watching than u think,keep up the amazing work ,cant wait for more pics and information,keep the wow factor happening!! Wink Wink ;)jamie
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2006, 08:24:18 AM »

gees mate dont go boo hoo on us now.,i for one have been watching this car go ahead and have not commented as im embarrassed due to the  lack of work on my own car.
your car is an inspiration to many. im just been lazy and will have to start working very soon as i have no excuses because i just got a half side hoist off ebay that lifts car up to 870mm high and is air powered ,yes that meens the sills are been done by me after waiting for two local welders this last year who never bothered turning up after lots of promises.
cheers bud ,go have a beer or two and relax for a day or so,you deserve it.
reguards from Nicko (the lazy one)

Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »

Harko,
Don't be despondent that we haven't encouraged you via this forum.  As everyone else has already added, we are just amazed and awed by the project.  Good one mate.  Most of us are in holiday mode.  I consider I've had a great day working on the FE if I check the Oil & Water!  (I'm a lazy BasT$#d)

I can add that I bet your little girl will be a bit embarassed about posing in front of Dad's car when you bring out that pic at her 18th or 21st birthday Cheesy   Cute family photo.

Happy new year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project by Anzac Day. Grin

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »

Hey Harko
Nice progress.....who needs a hoist when you have a mate with a crane.  Grin
Now show us the pic of that "new" car mounted on the FC floor, powered by that mighty grey motor.  Cool
Regards
Alex.

ps. get off this bloody computer and get back to work.  Cheesy

HARKO
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »

OK OK I chucked a wobbly ,I think the heat had affected me a lot.
I apologise for the dummy spit but in my defense I had seen 130 odd veiws on the thread without a single comment .
I thrive on comment's good or bad but prefer the good ofcourse (like everyone) and to finaly get to the top of the hill and share it with great excitement and hear nothing in return it kinda feels like I am pissing into the wind.

Thank's very much for the kick in the pants ,I need to know what you may think I already know....
And in retrospect I'm not usualy the one to be posting good comments on other people's threads ,so yep I'm a hypocrit and lesson learned.

Well in that case I'll put up a few more snap's tomorrow night showing the body at full drop over the sills and at ride height, Im planning on dropping out the spring's because the donor weighed a tonne and the chassis is way higher without all the weight on it.

By the way Stinky if we can keep the donor's origin as low key as possible it may allow me to reap the benefit's of my labor's before someone else cashes in on them (not meaning yourself) Just I have a bad habit of needing a break from one project after a while and I drop the ball - if someone else picks it up and beats me to the punch I'd spew.
When I'm done though there'll be no prob's sharing any of it though.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2006, 10:37:52 PM »

No rush Harko, once the FE is done it is onto the wife's FE ute. If that takes as long as the Sedan, then it will be a few years yet  Grin
Just stay "on the ball", there are a lot of people who want to see this car on the road and all the stages in between.

HARKO
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2006, 03:08:37 AM »

Thank's Stinky ,I'm battling at the moment 4 week's hard slog and back to work Monday .

Here's a (that's what arm talkin bout !) pic.
It's on the bump stop's burt you can see the ride height once raised will be pretty mean.

The final stages of getting the body to fit right meant alot of trimming on the firewall's ,rear wheel arches ,forward area of the sill's/firewall ,donor's floor and spare wheel area ,Pretty glad it's on now and the only other thing to change is to move it rearward 5mm.

The extended wheelbase is hardly noticable with the extended wheel arch and 16 inch rims.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2006, 03:54:14 AM »

christ that was fast Harko.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2006, 04:04:28 AM »

i cant help but say   ''HOLY SHIT'' HARKO MAN

man i love the look of it over the chassis, already you can see it will look really meen!! i never thought you could get a van dropped that low but you just proved me wrong!! SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

keep up the good work harko, iit is looking bloody awesome !!!!!

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2006, 04:17:49 AM »

Nice Work Harko Wink
Regards ACE  Cool
HARKO
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2006, 07:55:31 AM »

Quick update - I spent the afternoon trying to track down a big block chev to dummy fit in it and find out if its going to work or not.
Some of you may remember me trying to track one down about a year ago  Shocked I'm still trying hard.
So please please ask your Hot Rod mates or drag car or boating mate's if they know of anything (please)
The outcome being if I cant find a 427 (any big block for dummy fitting though) I will have to resort back to a small block , And when its legal to use a big bloke why would i fit a small bloke.

By the way for those who like excess info onboard ,I was told that a big block will sit on the same mounts for the engine and box but stretches 2 - 2.5 inches further forward.
In other words if you have the room in front of the engine you could drop out the small bloke and install the big bloke in a day....

The pic of the van is on the stop's so it will ride a few inches higher than pictured I spose ,shame ,but theres no way of turning the front wheels right now hehe.
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2006, 09:57:22 AM »

AMAZING ,Not one comment !

Well, sorry mate.... I have been lying on the beach every day for the past 10!!!  Cool Cool Cool

Very nice work.... mmm, 4M on the rocker cover... what does that mean I wonder!?

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

Oh yeah, if you read this in time, I'm on my way down your way tomorrow (if you are where I think you are?), give me a bell and I might see if we have a spare minute to drop in.

Shane
0407 906 605

HARKO
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2006, 01:37:17 PM »

Shame the hookup didnt go ahead Shane but there's always a next time mate... Atleast you know where I live now Smiley

Quick up date .
The big block is now sitting in place and all look's sweet ,(I think its going to work Smiley

I heard this today and was hoping someone onboard could back up the claim , He said "If you install a small bloke with a long waterpump you would then be able to simply remove it and replace with a big bloke and short water pump"
And at a quick glance and run over with a tape it would seem to be true.
Both are the same engine mounts and mounting position ,same position for the gearbox ,although the BB is about two inches longer forward of the mounts.

I guess time will tell ,I have some block huggers ,a hi-rise manifold, fuel pump ,heads and sump  (good mates)

Tomorrow will let me see a bit more ,Had to take it easy today and knock off early for my Son's 1st Birthday bash.

It looks real good sitting in the engine bay , definitely worth a tim the toolmans "Urrrrgh Urrrrgh Urrrrgh"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: