FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rare Spares for Gear Box re-build kit  (Read 2054 times)
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2004, 03:28:47 AM »

Been trying to source a rebuild kit for my FC gearbox. Been an interesting search with most parts places giving a quiet chuckle and saying good luck.

I was a little suprised to find Rare Spares had them in stock and at a good price. Their web price was $116, go to their shops in Melbourne and it's $101 then as a member of the FE-FC Holden Car Club, you get another 5% off = $96! good value.

After trying about 10 places the only other results were Repco at $182 (take about 3 days to get it in from NSW) and a local Auto Spares (East Coast Auto) who wanted $230. They all had the same contents.

Also, can anyone advise if I have to take out the 2/3 selector mechanism to get the main shaft out or is there a method to get around this?

As for that other little part that I'm chasing - the gasket between inlet & exhaust manifolds, looks like I have to buy a full "Valve Grind" kit at around $40.
Trevor_B

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 07:46:20 AM »

try and buy a sheet of gasket material (readily available) and just cut it out yourself, save money and end up with plenty of spare gasket material.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 07:47:06 AM by nicko » Logged

FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:11:58 AM »

Trevor_B , Have a look at this for your manifolds

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32058&item=2480860843&rd=1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: