FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:05:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE WAGON  (Read 16830 times)
shane

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:08:39 AM »

1957 fe station sedan, been garaged since 1968, partially dismantled, everything is there, interior immaculate, small spot of rust in l/h/f footwell-only spot in whole car, must eb seen to be appreciated - currently buying first house need the room, email me for pictures the car is located at NEWCASTLE NSW
i bought it for $4000 a year and a half ago, have collected some parts etc along way am asking for my money back, selling for $4000
PH:0402905266
EMAIL:girlpants@hotmail.com.au
am going away for a few days, will be unable to check/reply to emails till tuesday.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 10:10:08 AM »

I asked Shane to send me pics of the FE Station Sedan he is selling. My shed is full at the moment so I have put the pics up for him.

His contact details are;
PH:0402905266
EMAIL:girlpants@hotmail.com.au

Gary
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 10:12:23 AM »

He tells me it has an FC nose due to accident damage replacement
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 11:24:21 AM »

does it include the chev and disc brake front with rack and pinion at that price

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 11:48:11 AM »

HELLO,WELCOME TO THE PRICE IS WRONG !!! Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 11:49:50 AM by dawry351 » Logged
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:31:43 PM »

Havent seen a rust free FE-229 for sale before. $4K would still twig my interest.

Im sure this car was bought from an guy at Berowra?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 09:44:09 PM »

There seems to be an increasing number of ill informed or ignorant individuals on this site who seem to find it necessary to negatively comment on the prices people are asking for their vehicles, or parts.

My advice would be to keep your comments to yourselves, or direct them privately to the seller.

There is absolutley no justification for posting critical or negative comments about sale prices, indeed the only outcome I can see is that it may discourage people from advertising their vehicles, parts etc on this site, to our collective disadvantage.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 09:45:10 PM by Fast_Eddie » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 12:56:51 AM »

Hi Ed.
I agree. Can anyone else here find a rust free FE-229 for sale for that price?
Or for that matter, can anyone here find an FE-229 in ANY condition for sale. I for one think it is a good price, for such a rare car.
Thankyou for posting this car on the site, Shane. I am sure someone will snap it up.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 01:03:11 AM »

i really want it....

but i can't have it...  Cry  Cry

in the shed
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 03:40:12 AM »

Well Said Fast Eddie,
FE Wagons are rare and i think $4000 is a reasonable price with the small amount of rust it has.
I know a number of FE and FC enthusiasts who have bought cheaper cars and thought they had got a bargain and then have had to spend a couple of thousand on rust repairs.
Good luck with the sale of your car Shane Wink
Regards ACE Cool
Rods58

so much to do so little money.!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 05:23:03 AM »

I spent  $3000.00 on mine a couple of nights on the lounge and some fast talking to boot. It looks good value to me. Wink
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 09:50:35 AM »

OOPS!!!  SORRRY!!!!
I WILL KEEP MY COMMENTS TO MYSELF Lips sealed
BUT I JUST FOUND A FC WAGON AND YES NOT FE FOR $600 WITH HEAPS OF NASCO ACCES AND
VEHICLE IS IN SAME CONDITION AS ONE PICTURED.
I ALSO OBTAINED AN ORIGINAL EK UTE TODAY WITH 6 MONTHS REGO FOR $1000 WITH SPARE
UTE TO WRECK ALSO. MY TIP FOR TODAY IF YOU WANT A BARGAIN GO TO THE COUNTRY AREAS.
P.S. SORRY FOR OFFENDING ANYONE BUT THESE ARE MY FACTS.
COL58FE :-/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 09:52:22 AM by dawry351 » Logged
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 10:08:17 AM »

sorry i did nor realise these FE wagons are so rare ,i just get disheartened when prices are pushed up to unrealistic levels,which can turn it into an elitest hobby, where the average person will not be able to afford to enter, especially when a car that still needs thousands spent on it  appears in the price range of one from rare spares. good luck finding a buyer but from comments directed at me im sure one of them will buy it so luck wont come into it.

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 10:15:31 AM »

FACT: We have 3 FC wagons in our club. All cream & green. We did at one stage have 5. There are 6 sedans & 2 utes.

FACT: There is ONE FE Wagon & one FE sedan in our club.

Also, I have been hunting for an FE wagon in TAS for a while now & know of only 2 in the state. That is pretty rare.

Not hassling fellas, just remember this guy has offered it to us first, so be friendly, not sarcastic.

p.s. Nicko, I have enough cars, but would love that one. If I could, I would, price is fine.

RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 01:11:44 AM »

The FE Standard Station Sedan is the rarest of all regular production FEs and FCs, with less than 10 known to exist today.  (By which I mean excluding factory special builds like Taxis and Army cars etc).  But the FE Special Station Sedan is pretty hard to come by too.  We've only got a couple of them in our club, neither road-going at present.  FE Wagons were manufactured only at the Adelaide plant, and because they weren't released until well into 1957, there was only a bit over a year's worth of manufacture before they were replaced by the FC in May '58.  So they were always in short supply.

I'm pretty sure this car was previously for sale in Beecroft, Sydney, and if memory serves it had been in a shed since 1969.  It was listed in Unique Cars IIRC and was gone within hours at that price.

Old cars are worth what someone will pay for them.  I think the price of this one is more than fair.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 08:41:42 AM »

I love rare cars and thanks for the shot of the ID plate.
Just to put this car into context

I have 157 FC wagons on record and only 35 FE wagons

This wagon in Huron Green and Ocean Mist green is the ONLY one I have on record in this colour.

It most likely is the ONLY one left at all in the those colours.

Make up your own mind how rare it is.
My calculations reveal there were only 7400 FE special wagons made in total.

Ken
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »

:oThe Heading does say FE Wagon this is not your more common Garden variety type FC wagon as some of you are confusing it with. I think the price is around the mark for a car of this nature & condition. If I had the room it would no longer be for sale, it would complete my set as my FE Specail Sedan is Huron Green over Oceanmist Green. OH what a pair this would make. The price of a car is what the buyer is willing to pay & this depends on supply & demand. There are not enough FE Wagons To Supply, so this puts them in Demand. So if you want it bad enough pay the price. If you dont want it that bad dont pay the price or buy a FC Wagon.

Shane good luck with the sale of your wagon. I can only wish it was me who was buying but this is sadly not possible at this point of time.   Cry

This shows the real distinction between FE & fc holdens  Wink

Regards
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
shane

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 10:05:45 AM »

well i really dont want to part with such a rare and beautiful (potentially) vehicle, but its probably gonna have to happen, so here is your last chance before i advertise else-where. If anyone out there is interested in making me a realistic offer, then im open and waiting. I really would like to see it go to an existing/future club member, had i been able to keep it i would not hesitate joining your NSW club. So the oppertunity is there just waiting for you to make the right offer, its an oppertunity that doesnt come along often. This car is a fairly straight forward resto, take the plunge and own a rare peice of holden history. Cry
57fewagon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 10:24:24 AM »

Righto guys, the time has come i have a ring to buy and the car is too big to fit on her finger someone make me an offer over $3000 and we will have a deal, i have other photos and am happy to take any specific photos anyone serious requests, i am flat out lately but will reply to any messages ASAP, once again the car is in newcastle my name is shane and you can contact me on 0402905266 Cry
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 09:45:06 AM »

Gee that is so tempting

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: