FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 07:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Info for SA Modifiers  (Read 1454 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:53:41 AM »

Called Regency Park (Transport SA Vehicle Standards) today, 1300 882 248, to get the info on lowering the FE.
Looks like you need to be persistant, not rude, just persistant. I asked how low I could go on the FE, the answer was the 1/3 suspesion travel drop and at least 100mm ground clearance, he almost hung-up. So asked for specifics, the bloke told me I could get them from the manufacturers. I re-iterated that my car was almost 50yrs old and I would rather have the figures from him seeing as Transport SA will be inspecting the car. The bloke agreed it made sense and gave me the following info.

Bump Stop Rubber Length must be 51mm Min.
Front Bump Stop Clearance at least 25mm (1 inch).
Rear Bump Stop Clearance at least 67mm (2 3/4 inches approx).

Hope that helps someone.

fceedave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 06:27:37 AM »

g"day thanks for another piece of information to stockpile. I was hoping to put larger diameter rims on but will now have to check to see the legalities.  also I have been trying to join sa fc club sent email but no reply.  Is there a name or number .

cheers

dave   Grin

dave
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:47:29 AM »

I applied for and was granted permission to run 13x5 front and 14x7 rears, this was when I planned to run the Tasmans. I will now be using 14" Holden Steelies, 5s on the front and 7s on the rear.

The AGM is coming up the first Tues in April, I have the current Prez's phone number if you want to send me a PM. Otherwise I think Kathy's phone number is on the SA site. I hope to get a chance to discuss the web-site at the next meeting to give it a bit of a tidy up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: