FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 02, 2024, 06:19:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New old FC Panelvan.  (Read 2789 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2004, 11:41:26 AM »

Here's some pics of an FC panelvan that is getting around Sydney. The guy is in the Dukes Hot Rod Club. When he first got the car, it was green with full windows. He filled the windows and gave it a top coat of flat black primer. recently he has rubbed back some of the flat black to allow the original colour to show through in spots. He stencilled some "cam shop" signs onto the doors and tailgate, added a Mexican blanket seat cover, white long shag on door trims and an extra long shifter......... instant cool patina FC.

Regards
Alex

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 11:03:31 PM »

Alex,

So many ideas.....not enough time!

It looks great. Maybe there will be another panelvan driving around Sydney with retro advertising soon?

Don't think I'll sand back the top coat though.....

Regards

Edward
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 11:16:06 PM »

I saw that at the Swap Custom FC but I did not see you, very SHABBY CHIC with that distressed paint job.
I wouldn't like to be in heavy traffic with that chopper gear stick though.
Regards, Gary
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 11:26:09 AM »

The word of the minute seems to be PATINA.  This is the name given to the finish on a car which appears (or actually is) in original faded condition with worn through paint etc
Big in USA at the minute & catching on here as well.
looks neat I reckon.
Ken
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 07:52:07 AM »

'Patina' is a term used by people to describe the surface of an object that shows usage.  On some items, teh patina may be desirable (eg: passenger carriage in a museum) whilst on others, it might not be so desirable (eg: Ret's Club Rego'ed FE).

It appears to have been discovered by the car fraternity in the last year or so.  Cars and other objects presented with such a finish, whether it be contrived or natural, can be far more interesting to look at than pristine examples.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 03:19:37 PM »

I worked at a couple of "gun auctions"   several years ago where some of the rifles were described as "Original condition with good PATINA".   Some people collect them because of the wear marks , rather than restored ones.

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 03:32:09 PM »

Yeah Norm, I used to have a sizeable coin collection, it was considered a crime to clean coins for fear of damaging or removing the patina. As this could devalue the coin. The only cleaning recommended was a mild soapy wash between thumb & fingers Huh Leaving them to soak overnight in coca-coala or any kind of polish or chemical was a big no no.
Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: