FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:16:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: XU1 MANIFOLD ( Which Hole )  (Read 3827 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2003, 04:30:47 AM »

I have a factory HOLDEN XU1 ( Triple Stromberg CD ) manifold, and need to know what all the holes do ?

There are a number of threaded bolt holds at the ends and on the sides of the manifold.  

I know one of them is for Vacuum, but the others were all plugged up when I bought the manifold.

Obviously they must be used for something ?

I've blown through the holes and sussed out were the chambers go, but need to know what function they perform....it looks almost as if there is a water chamber in it Huh?

Any help please...pics are good too !

Cheers

Mark
mike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 12:35:47 AM »

Here's a couple of pics, I hope they help, this is the 1.5CD carbs. By memory the 1.75 had the water inlet and outlet deleted from the manifold,

regards mike.
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 12:45:01 AM »

Mike....thanks heaps for that pic.....it helps quite a bit....still need a close up of the other vacuum holes, but the water holes are very clear, and helps solve most of the query.

Thanks heaps for helping me out ,  it's much appreciated.

Mark Hughes

mike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 04:16:35 AM »

You got me curious so I had to go out to the shed to check my carbies, the original manifold has the 2 water fittings front and rear, then the 2 fittings to go to the pcv valve and where I have arrowed there is 2 holes, one top and one almost directly underneath these are plugged from the factory, not sure what these were for if anything,
regards mike.
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:53:48 AM »

Mike....thanks heaps...I printed out the 1st pic you posted, but only the left pic printed out, but now I can see the close up of the manifold vacuum holes......helps alot to open your eyes hey ?

The 2 holes you talk about that are plugged from the factory, helps out too...as if they were plugged from the factory, then that's how mine will be !

Looks like I may have to find a thermostat housing than has the 2 water pipes off hanging off the side of it, as the one I have is jsut a plain old one outlet type.

Do you knwo where I can get a thermostat housing to suit the XU1 manifold Huh?

Thanks again Mike...you've been a big help.

Mark
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 12:34:38 PM »

Hi BlownFC.

You have me a bit confused about your thermostat housing.

EH & HD lower housings have no outlets & all housings after that have 2 outlets. You say yours has 1.

All XU-1 lower thermostat housings are the same as standard for those years (1970 to 1973).

Can you post a photo.

Regards.

Dr Terry.
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 11:58:02 PM »

Dr Terry, you may be right.......I am only going off my memory of it, as it's off car and tucked away under a bench somewhere...I'll dig it out and have a more deetailed look.....cheers

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: