FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Most radically chopped FE EVER.  (Read 25733 times)
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2004, 11:02:59 PM »

that grill looks like an old spit rail on pub floor around the bar,

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 03:04:11 AM »

Rob
I have to agree with you on that one, change the grill, the rims and remove the side pipes add a new paint job and you would have a very nice car.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 05:42:36 AM »

Wow...  Shocked This thing is tuff ...its so tuff its ugly tufff... Flat black and some decent wheels and I reckon its  a hell of a lot of fun... It amazes me that these cars keep turning up on the internet and I thought I knew of all the chopped Two doored FE/FC's.... I had thought about using up one of my spare bodies and chopped screens for a similar look but now I have seen it done - I would go a bit easier on the chopping. My screens are chopped 4" so I could not go this low.  But then again I have enough projects.... Cheers streetneat Cool

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 06:41:55 AM »

terribly ugly loose the grill, wheels, pipes and dump the stance by about 3 inches and you might have an ok car.  Love the smooth lines of teh 2 door white fc.

MICK
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 07:04:35 AM »

Some pics taken at a later stage.

Regards
Alex

TAYZ
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 07:16:55 AM »

This thing is pure GOLD, id like to shake this blokes hand, this is what kustomising is all about, where is this car now?  Not a bolt on queen like me, hes gone the whole hog, good on him!!!!!!!!!!

Tayz
TAYZ
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »

Nicko, yr post was a big call from someone who had a CANARY YELLOW ute.................... Grin Grin Grin

tayz
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »

Thanks for the  updated pics Alex. Any idea on the where abouts and who owns this car now?
Cheers streetneat-Andrew.

FC_UTE_BEN

Aiways lookin 4 bits!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

I was thinking that was 1 of the ugliest FE's i had ever seen Lips sealed

Different wheels and paint looks as mean as  Shocked

Aiways lookin 4 bits!
FC_UTE_BEN

Aiways lookin 4 bits!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

Here's something else that has had alittle off the top Shocked

Aiways lookin 4 bits!
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 04:32:47 AM »

while we are on the topic of chops and not FE FC related I saw this little (not so little) beauty at wintersun

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

Hey Ben.
I am not a fan of that style of car.
I don't call em Hot Rods, as to me they are W@nker rods.
Anyone who takes a classic style of car and butchers it into a totally impractical piece of machinery, just so people look at them, is a true w@nker.
Why not just get w@nker tatooed on his forehead and leave the cars to people who appreciate them....would have the same effect in my eyes.
Ok, I will stop now.
Not a personal attack on you Ben.
I hope he was followed home by an SUV with dodgy brakes.
Perhaps I should take my ramblings over to the rants forum.  Smiley
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:17:00 AM by custom_fc » Logged

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »

Herman Munstermobile comes to mind, though I don't think old Herman would fit
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »

A  bit harsh Alex- you post pics here of a radically chopped  FE and you are  upset that someone does the same to a Model A?

I guess I should review my Tattoo status...

I dont quite know how  its drive-able-( the rat rod)  but  to me its just another form of customising art.  More in your knees than in your face - but  pretty damn cool in my  books.

The whole idea of creating  radical customs is to  go against the grain of normality - which is why they are radical. I created My FC custom partially  with that in mind and if it  upset the establishment of  conservative tastes than  that was  just a bonus.  Most of the fun is in  the creating and letting it see where it takes you. A bit like writing a novel - although in this case its  probably a Stephen King Novel!

Wishing death  upon the creator is a bit extreme- but then again - a radical creation gets a radical response. I suspect the creator had angering  folk in mind  as well as seeing  just how low you can go.

Just remember its all art and expressionism. I think its  pretty cool myself.
Thanks for the pics Ben.

FC_UTE_BEN

Aiways lookin 4 bits!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »

To tell ya the truth Alex i think the guy has over stepped the mark myself with the chop.

But some ppl like to push the boundry's when it comes to modifing thier cars.

I realy do take my hat off to those who stirve to keep thier cars in show room condition. But in some cases they are 2 far gone to be returned to thier former glory or maybe a crash has made it so the only way an owner can get the car back on the road.

Like changing grill's and head lamp setups?

Aiways lookin 4 bits!
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »

maybe he was just listening to this song too much-

Thirty one ford with a flat head
merc
Channelled too low I'm a real gone
jerk
I'm in a hotrod gang I'm in a
hotrod gang
I'm in a hotrod gang I'm in a
hotrod gang
Boom boom shang a lang shimmy
shimmy shoo wop bang bang.

i dont mind these things that much but i just wish they would do a bit more research into what hotrods really did look like in the period they are trying to reproduce before they started building, stilll better than the usuall fibreglass, billets and digital dash we still see a lot off.

As for the FE, it looks good from a distance, the guy musnt have done too bad if we are still looking at pictures of his car 20 years later.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »

The rat rods arent period Hot rods as such - They may have started out like that  but its now a  style in it's own right- ( love it or loathe it!) sort of a retro rejection theme if you like. Punk rock version of  auto building I call it.  Not something I would  do myself - but I can dig those that do.

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »

Andrew, my point about the car being dangerous wasn't to wish harm on the driver, (if the car actually sees the road and not just a trailer) it was to point out how dangerous this car is. If the guy drives this on any road, he is a damn fool.
Some clown built one of these, and now these "artists" think that building something even more dangerous, just to show how stupid you are is a good thing.....simply for shock value!?!
These cars give Hot Rodding a bad name IMHO and have no place in the car scene. Place them in art galleries as that suits them better.
Would you go out to the garage and pick up the sawsall and remove the bottom 2 feet of your FC and remount the body much lower. You might have to create wheel tubs on the tops of the fenders to clear the wheels, but hell, what a statement that would make. Don't forget to stick a couple of 2 foot ram tubes through the bonnet, so they are higher than the roof. It might be impracticle to drive and probably unsafe, but it would be noticed and you would be able to show how artistic you can be.
Naturally, this is not necessary, as you have acheived these things without having to butcher your car into something that is no longer a form of transport.
IMO these guys build cars for the wrong reasons.
This is not the case for all "Rat Rods", just the ones that have been modified for no sound reason.
Regards
Alex

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 04:01:39 AM »

;)Geeeez Alex you must be getting old!!and i thought you were a custom rod type of guy??are you going to maybe trade in your custom fc for a stock fc??the yank custom kulture is growing out of control in the states and here,and when i was there i saw many of these cars being driven which i reakon was kool as they are very radical and look grouse on the road,as for being trailor queens alot of them arent ,which is more than i can say about alot of showcars,dragcars,hotrods that are being built here!!alot of these custom kulture(ratrods)are built up on a very tight budget and most the work has been done by the owner,in there own garage which i can appreciate as thats the way i work ,even in the showscene here too many guys take their cars from one shop to another and never lay a spanner on it??so who built there car??not them....i reakon bring on the ratrod-custom kulture look,im all for it cause its different,i certainly dont want to go to the next fe-fc nats and look at 200 stock fc,s all the same!!bring on some radical chopped and customized fe-fc,s and im there!!!the kustom kulture movement is only getting bigger here,call ME a w@nker if you like but i love it...........thats my 2bobs worth.......cheers jamie
TAYZ
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 04:33:35 AM »

Im with you Hotrod, I buy Olskool Rodz every 2 months and i love looking at the pics of the ol rodz chopped and channeled!!!!  I cant see whats wrong with it but everyone has different tastes.  I would look at one of them anyday over a restored, Billlet, or whatever.....  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: