FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Model on EBAY  (Read 7757 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2003, 09:14:16 PM »

here's one for the model car collectors among us.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3552281844&category=739
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 09:14:57 PM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 09:27:33 PM »

Thanks very much for bringing that to my Attention. Cheers SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 08:49:42 PM »

You win Slim Iam not going any higher

Regards Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 09:51:45 PM »

Sarge,
It ain't over to the Fat Lady sings!! Wink
RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 02:42:15 AM »

Or FAT MAN  Grin Grin

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 04:37:51 AM »

This FAT man aint Singing . Some mongrel bid with 1 minute to go . THATS CHEATING.  It sold for $180.

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 05:32:38 AM »

Hey Slim,
I've got a couple of spare Streamlux Tom Thumb FEs.
Give me a call if interested.
Regards ACE Cool  0427 430044
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 06:17:46 AM »

Slim,
I tried to warn you. It is just like playing poker. You got to "Know when to Hold them, Know when to fold them, know when to walk away & know when to run" (Wow, that would make a great song!! Wink)
Never bid early, never bid high during the auction & put your top dollar on with 30 seconds to go. It is called "Sniping". I do it & I win 9 out of 10 (Mostly paying stupid amounts of $$$).
You notice how you placed your first bid, then the "Newbies" (recognisable by low feedback figures) pecked away at your total over the last 7 days? Sometimes putting 4 or 5 bids in a row, with small increments. You showed your hand way too early.
I wanted it & would have gone to $200, but found a NOS guard last night & need the cash for that.

Goodluck in future when going for stuff like that. You will need it.
Rob J

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 07:14:15 AM »

Iv just turned into a SNIPER. But it turns out OK cause I won a NASCO Ornamental Jewel on Monday .....  And Iv been trying to acquire one for my collection for a while now .   Besides I already have a Streamlux FE , I was just tempted at the site of another ..... Im a real sucker for FE/FC Stuff , OF ANY DISCRIPTION,,,,    HELP ME !

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 11:00:50 AM »

I agree with RobJ, sniping is the way to go, you just have to be careful of other snipers. I have gone down to the wire in some auctions with bidding wars right up to the last minute. Usually get what I want though. I will never bid more than 1 hour before the close of the auction unless I can't be online for the close time.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 11:52:11 AM »

My top dollar IS my top dollar.
Doesn't matter if I bid 1hour into the auction or 1 minute to go. You "snipers" pay too much for stuff because you let your emotions get involved. It's good for sellers though......now let's see what I have in these boxes I might be able to sell.... To me that model is not worth $180. I have seen the same car in the same condition at swap meets and toy swaps for half the price. I guess i'm lucky though.......I bought mine brand new unassembled in the box for $12.50 years ago, and that's the way it remains today.  Grin
Regards
Alex
P.S. Not trying to put anyone down.......each to their own. As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 12:08:02 PM »

Ill give you $25 for it , THATS 100% Profit . Roll Eyes Yes I agree Alex , My top Dollar is my top Dollar Also . I bid on that on the 2nd day of the Auction , And couldnt be on line when it finished. So I will keep looking , I havent got the Tom thumb Box , Thats what Im really after with this particular model (streamlux Tom THUMB). I go to toy fairs and never see em or if I have seen them , Theres No box with it .  .... And I know better than most , HOW ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE......  Everytime I throw something away , someone scabs it up .Oh well , cant keep everything now , CAN WE ?

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2003, 09:56:59 PM »

Hi all.
I can see what you mean Alex & I can assure you my top dollar is my top dollar. But, if you bid too early, you get people who will pick away at it until it creeps up & up. Just have a look at the bid history on this auction. You get guys who will bid $5 at a time. Sniping leaves it fully open until the last minute. I see it all the time, when 2 or 3 bidders just keep knocking each other off. I used to do that & always paid too much. Now that I leave it to the end, I find I am not paying anywhere near as much & I have the full 7 days to think about how much to bid & then bang it on.
You cannot compare swapmeets to Ebay. I have had some amazing scores at swapmeets, as you have no competition. I found a brand new set of FB EK Guard accessory spears in the box. The spears were mint, the box was mint, all the nuts & bolts were there & the fitting instructions were perfect. How much did I pay?? $4    Now, I can assure you, if they went on ebay (Which they did after a time) it wouldn't matter when you placed you bid, it would still go off. Early on or sniping, it will still go higher, but if you snipe, you don't push up the price until the last second. The spears, they went fo $280 on Ebay, & it was won by a sniper. I cannot 100% recall, but there was over 25 bids placed & a couple of newbies were knocking each other of regularly during the auction. In the end, the fella who won, had not placed a bid before.

My experience anyway.
Rob J

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2003, 01:10:14 AM »

Im always up for something new , Ill give it a go ROB. Experience always helps when your fairly new to something such as EBAY.... But just about everthing on there goes for Top dollar ,..... Sometimes I writhe in pain at the prices I see being paid , But you are not forcing anyone to bid , So  Grin when they pay  that price , cause they smile at me when I do .Thanks for the Advice ! Ill give it a GO.

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2003, 10:01:28 AM »

Rob,

Funny you should mention those FB guard spears. I presume they are the ones that sit on top of the guards?

About 10 years ago, the local early model Holden wrecker had at least 12 boxes of them, and I purchased one set for $40, in the box, fixings, instructions et al, which I thought was pretty steep at the time, especially seeing I didn't have an FB or EK!

Must have been the glitter of the old gold box!

Glad to hear they are worth a bit more now. Makes up for the "one grip" that I'm still trying to explain to my wife!

eBay is a dangerous beast.
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2003, 10:08:06 AM »

"NOS guard" I'm with Rob buy the panels every time!
Any spare? Dumb question i no but would go to a good home.
                         regards
                                     Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: