FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 03:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EK Holden ute  (Read 291 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2024, 07:02:51 PM »

The time has come to sell Grace’s EK ute. It spends more time idle now than on the road, so time to pass it on to someone who will use it more.

There is a build thread here which shows what I did on the vehicle: https://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22653

I bought it in 2017, and had the bodywork done on it. Exceptionally low rust car to start with, and rust free once done. Car was then painted in the original Silverton grey, new rubbers all round. Minor mechanical works done to keep it on the road – radiator, improved cooling head gasket, steel timing gear, brakes all round, clutch master, new distributor, tyres. I will go through the brakes again before selling the car to make sure they are right. A few accessories – tonneau, towbar, vanity mirror, WEY rocker cover, retractable seatbelts, aftermarket period style radio.

I had plans to make the vehicle breath better on the highway, but got halfway there before life intervened. The lumpy cam is fitted and idles like it should 😊. A little over-cammed for the current single Stromberg and head. Will include a set of rebuilt triple Strombergs, ram tubes and foam filter socks, manifold, linkages, accelerator cable and new accelerator pedal in the sale – you can then choose to either fit the carbs and run a worked motor, or sell the carbs and use the cash to put a standard cam back in it.

I’ll sell the car with NSW rego through to April 2025. It currently has custom plates on it (GH-2002), but I’ll put them into storage and put standard plates on it. I’m asking $35,000 for it, firm - it’s pretty close to what I have in the car, and I'm in no rush to sell. Car is in Western Sydney. PM me for contact details.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: