FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator wiring dilemma  (Read 1167 times)
Wasim

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:58:42 PM »

Hello and Happy New Year.

I'm rewiring my ute and will be using a Universal 12 circuit fuse panel meshed into all the cars circuits and using the original indicator steering column switch.

Every circuit is fine but I've hit a snag with the indicators.

I have a set up on the bench an instrument panel for testing the indicator flashing lights.

The universal fuse panel has a dedicated indicator power feed and integrated flasher can.

To test if I've have the wiring figured out - I've grouped the left and right indicator wires (Left - Light Blue (front) Pink (rear) - Right - Dark Blue (front) and Purple (rear)) connected to the instrument panel indicator lights. From what I can see everything is earthed correctly.

When I connect the dedicated circuit from the fuse panel to the 'white wire' on the indicator switch and the switch is in the off position - both indicator lights flash brightly.

When I move the switch to either the left or right position the globes are dim with no flashing??

I have used the yellow wire as this is indicated for the flasher can power in the original wiring schematic.

Any clues / suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Wasim

South Australia
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 08:24:34 PM »
+3

The white wire should be connected to the reversing light switch, if you have one.  The yellow wire should be connected to the indicator circuit on the fuse panel, via the flasher can (which needs to be a three-terminal unit, by the way).

And if you're bench-testing the setup, you need to have all four indicator lamps installed.  Otherwise the turn signal lights in the dash won't light up.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: