FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fram F4 with Ryco R4p filter on FC Holden grey motor  (Read 3711 times)
fc25250

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »

Can any one post a diagram or better still a photo with the order that all the components and order of assemble.that make up the Fram F4 when replacing a filter.
Followed the order that it came to bits last I replaced filter and when I opened up today the top of the filter was dry and base of filter oiled to half way up the filter. Checked to see if the was a hole in the upright central securing posted couldn’t see or feel it so need some expert advice.
Thanks
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 07:01:47 AM »

http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?action=printpage;topic=19567.0

Cheers,
Harv
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 05:00:20 PM »

Sounds like no restrictor in oil return fitting. The brass fitting in the base of the filter should have a very small diameter hole in it to restrict flow. This causes the oil in the filter to fill up.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 12:04:33 AM »

https://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=19567.0
Here is the link to the thread that Harv wrote.
Regards
Alex

fc25250

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:45 PM »

Thanks for the replies
I checked out the link and am still wondering about the order of reassembly
My housing started with the inverted steel cup with openings serrations on the bottom edge followed by the spring with a washer being attached and welded to the spring then the filter itself followed by the orange top lid of the filter body and this is secured by the central post bolt with a new rubber seal on the outside and on the top centre of the lid.
Pictures I see from links show a Ryco filter unit and the spring in question appears under the lid of the filter top cover. Do I have things back to front ? &
Am I missing something ?
Thanks in anticipation and as they say a picture of the sequence beats a thousand words
FC25250
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 08:50:09 PM »

Spring goes on top of the filter to hold it down
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)