FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weathershield wanted  (Read 6165 times)
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »

Weathershield  has been sold.  Kevin.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »

I bought one of the Qld made 2 piece units some years ago.  Here are the fitting instructions that came with it.

I have lost the lower bracket.  Does anyone have one of these and could they make a template to send to me please?

Cheers
David

Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »
+1

Hi David, when I get the ones I have purchased I’ll check out the clips and if I have any left over or have to fabricate some I’ll send some pics etc.
cheers Snoop
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »
+1

The brackets I got with my two-piece one were strips of 0.8mm stainless, 16mm wide. The end of the strip is rounded off, and a hole drilled for the bolt. I replaced the brass bolts with nylon ones as they are less visible. The strips were about 3" long, and get bent (simple 90-degree bend) and trimmed to suit. They drop down between the door metal and the door belt.

In the photo below, my bracket has slipped out (probably because of my fat elbow leaning on the windshield  Grin) and is sitting between the door belt and glass.

Cheers,
Harv
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 05:25:05 PM »

Thank you all ! My quest to find a weathershield for the ute has been successful as I mentioned earlier in a post. Again the combined input was sensational. Cant wait to meet more of you when this wretched COVID allows at a club run or meeting. Just a postscript auto cable in qld who use to make repos offered me the business when I was making enquiries they have approx 500 moulds machinery etc to produce weathershields for many makes 50 k. Could be a nice little cottage business if you have a spare shed and the time.
Cheers Snoop
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 07:45:01 AM »

Hey Pete ..Get me back my youth and we'll have a go....Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: