FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: underbody paint  (Read 1778 times)
rickjen
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2021, 08:24:16 AM »

Hi All
I have a FC Wagon that i have neglected for a couple of years due to personal reasons and now want to get back and finish the project while I can. There is zero rust anywhere on the body now and panels are straight as. So it's put back together time. As I am learning as I go there will be a lot of questions for experts out there.
Firstly what is the standard and best to spray underbody, differential and front end to keep it as stock as possible.

Thank you in advance

P.S I am looking for front and rear seats if anybody has to sell ( black and Red ) I live in central NSW
Regards
Rick

rickjen
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 05:03:39 PM »

Stock is a coat of chassis black on the underbody with gloss black on front end and differential.

Ken
rickjen
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 07:38:26 PM »

Thanks Ken

I guess that answer was coming my way, I just needed confirmation. A couple of years ago I saw a FC Sedan that was original with a second owner that has not been touched, when i had a look underneath it had a heavy coating of a tar based sound deadening paint which looked fantastic. He said that GMH did that on many FC's. I think it was a after market job not by GMH, but was not in a position to dispute.

Just wanted to make sure as it did look good.
Rick

rickjen
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »

It was in fact a GMH Nasco option. Very rare to find. It was called “proofcoat”
It was common for Some of the fleet vehicles to have it. My army sedan had it done from new. The complete underbody was done as well asInside the front guards was done, inside the bumpers, and even inside the hubcaps.
Downside is that it was done after the car was finished so it tends to really make underneath the car look very messy underneath
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: