FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gold coloured grey motor  (Read 2753 times)
Pahs59
nsw-club

Model: FE

Throw nothing away leave that for your children

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2021, 01:47:39 PM »

Does anyone know what reconditioning company painted there engines a kind of gold colour..I just pressure washed mine and found that colour on the block and a kind of magenta colour painted head...
Thanks
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »

Its a long shot, but the head may be a Yella Terra. PerfectTune made most of them either red or black. Some yellow heads were produced post 1972 (when the YellaTerra brand was applied), though by then sales of the grey motor head had dropped off significantly (perhaps 3 grey motor heads produced per month compared to 50-70 heads total).

Cheers,
Harv
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 11:11:00 AM »

Repco Gold Star?
fcee
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 03:39:52 PM »

Yes ,Repco gold star reco long ang short motors change over basis .cheers Steve  Wink

Sale Victioria
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 10:02:10 PM »

Pah ..I am reasonably sure Yella Terra heads had a serial number stamped on the " centre, top, front" just in front of the rocker cover ..Repco Gold star engines would have repco pistons and bearings with the part number stamped and over size piston size or undersize on bearings ,and in NSW a letter " P " stamped as suffix to the engine number as exchange engines had to be recorded on the Police register ..Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pahs59
nsw-club

Throw nothing away leave that for your children

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »

Thank you all for the reply’s
After cleaning the motor it’s definitely a gold colour but more of a silvery gold but that could be just age..the heads definitely a red but cant find a serial number at front of rocker cover...the engine number is a very low number looks to be a B but only four numbers after it 3035....early FB motor maybe?
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:30:39 AM »

Pah. Going by engine colour is only a rough guide ,people painted all sorts of colours over time ..if there are no additional numbers or letters anywhere then you can assume that your components were never in the exchange system. back in the day , there were a whole host of exchange components , at Repco ,they offered short motor , 3/4 motor and long motor in the exchange engine system ..also exchange , reground crank shaft with bearings ,fully serviced cylinder head ,oil pumps, water pumps, clutch pressure plates ,brake shoes ,starter motors, generators, your old component had to be reconditionable ,you would bring in your head or crank or water pump ,it was checked to see it was fit to go into system ,you would walk out with a reco in a box ready to fit ..naturally heaps for Holdens ,plenty for Ford , and BMC and Chrysler ,Rootes group ..cheers Vern ..

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: