FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 to V8 Conversion  (Read 5086 times)
MARKSFCV6

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but not new to FC's.   My last FC was 12 years ago.  Built it....sold it.......regretted it ever since.

As such, I am on the hint for my next one, which I have found.   It currently has a full engineered and licensed ( WA ) V6 conversion.   It has a VP Commodore 3.8 with the TH700 box and shortened Commodore Diff.

Running HR Front end, Rack and Pinion Steering.

My question that I'm hoping someone can help with, is:   Given my car is already v6 Converted and Engineered, how much drama would it be to fit a 5 litre V8  in its place.

Would I need to change much ?
Would it need to be re-engineered ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Mark
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 05:34:52 PM »

Hi Mark,

Brings a few questions first... how far back is the V6 set into the car? Depending on this will be how much work you need to do. When I put the v8 into the Ute my first consideration was cooling it and how I was going to set up the radiator then thermo fans and also the air. Once I had that worked out then I had the starting point on how far I would need to mount the engine.
The shortened commodore diff will work nicely and then it depends on if you want to retain the hr front end or change that out as well.
I would get in touch with your engineer if choice before starting though mate. The rules are different from state to state.

Cheers,
JB

Phone +64 223509263
MARKSFCV6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

Thanks JB.

Appreciate your feedback.

Looks like I better start the journey with the Engineer.

Many thanks.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 06:43:36 PM »

Looks like I better start the journey with the Engineer.

Which state are you in? There may be members who can point you to a good local engineer.

fcute

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 01:45:49 AM »

It will I interesting to see how you go. My understanding is no way will you get an FC licensed with anything over 4.2 litres in WA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: