FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:19:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Celica 5spd behind 186  (Read 5319 times)
the59fnc

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:24:17 AM »

Hey guys did a search around but couldn't really find anything.  Im trying to put a celica 5spd behind a 186 in my fc wagon. The engine is in the car (fitted to a hr front end etc) but i need to work out a gearbox  mount/cross member. I cant seem to find anyone online that sells a kit or even has a pic of a crossmember to suit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂have tried rodshop and dellow neither do one unfortunately.. (rodshop only do one as part of a chassis kit)absolute best case would be someone would sell me one or have one off the car that i can borrow to duplicate.

Thanks
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:10:40 PM »

What is the current gearbox, original crash box and gear box mounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
the59fnc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »

Hi theres currently no gearbox in it. The mount in it is just the original one.

Thanks
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 06:56:08 PM »

As you know you can get a chassis kit off the shelf. Otherwise you can fit longitudinal members either side of the gearbox, running from behind the inner subframe leg mounts, back and up to join the floor Pan seam box section, and bolt crossmember to this. You can use the Celica rear mount and adapt s crossmember. I have used HKTG or hqjxz crossmember, cut down and bolted up to custom rails, with later Holden boxes though, which are relatively large. In this case the transmission tunnel needed to be enlarged. Not sure  about the Celica boxes. I know some of the Toyota and datsun boxes used in the past were comparatively compact as well  as being very durable.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »

I did plenty of chassis kits into early Holdens or kits that went from subframe to front of rear leaf spring eye hangers . But on my FC Van [as the floor was really pristine ,I just fitted[welded] a short rail either side of the gearbox from subframe tapering off under the hump below the seat . The rails were RHS gusseted to fit the floor ,but have a section of angle attached to the inside and drilled with a selection of holes to mount various crossmembers . Originally I put the Celica box in but have [many years ago ] changed to a Borg Warner 5 speed which is longer even than the Toyota . The platforms created by the angle helps when lifting [fitting] the gearbox .
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »

Hayden and I are describing the same setup here with strengthening rails either side of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: