FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fc ute  (Read 16175 times)
Greg M
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »

I forgot to mention that the inner sills are in good Nick so thats a positive!  Cheers Greg
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 10:19:45 AM »

You are right Greg could be a hell of a lot worse but you will appreciate it at the end of the day.

Neil
Greg M
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 05:53:29 AM »

Another good day in the garage today finally got the new floor pan and cross menber in and welded up on the passenger side and now I need to replace the sill and then do it all over again on the drivers side. I am happy with the Finnish its coming up well just taking my time and doing the best that I can. I have been painting the metal parts that get covered over before I weld them in so hopefully it should last another sixty years! Cheers Greg

Greg M
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 05:56:57 AM »

Some more photos of the repairs. Cheers Greg

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »

That looks great ,what sheet metal did you use ?...Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Greg M
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 09:27:32 AM »

Vern, all the repair sections are from rare spares, the floor pans needed a bit of a work to get the ribs to align up properly and the folds on the side where it attaches to the side kick panel needed a bit of reworking to match original. Cheers Greg
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »

Nice work Greg  Smiley

Cheers, John
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 07:43:14 AM »

Interesting comment about the rework of the floor pans to make them fit. I recently fitted Taylors floor pans to  the front of my FB and had the same problem with alignment of ribs. The outer edges where the meet the sill were 8 - 10mm short! I fitted Rare Spares rear pans and they dropped right in with no rework apart from trimming the edges. Cheers, Fraze
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »

I had the same issue with Taylor's panel in my EK van front passenger floor pan. Haven't done any others yet but have a Taylor's front driver and rares rear passenger to go in.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk
Greg M
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »

Hi guys the section of the floor pan that needed adjusting was the ribs right on the far edge of the repair section as they were not as defined as the rest of it I think that it was just in the pressing of the pan and then there was the fold on the section that goes up on 45deg angle up against the side wall it was folded up instead of down like the original ones are. Cheers Greg
Greg M
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2019, 06:52:39 PM »

Removed the passenger side sill on the weekend only the revel this ugly mess that I need to clean up as well now. Cheers Greg

KFV888

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »

Interesting comment about the rework of the floor pans to make them fit. I recently fitted Taylors floor pans to  the front of my FB and had the same problem with alignment of ribs. The outer edges where the meet the sill were 8 - 10mm short! I fitted Rare Spares rear pans and they dropped right in with no rework apart from trimming the edges. Cheers, Fraze

everything regardless of who makes it needs rework unfortunately.. still better than a flat piece of steel  Tongue
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 01:09:53 AM »

Removed the passenger side sill on the weekend only the revel this ugly mess that I need to clean up as well now. Cheers Greg

Looks like a previous repair under the A pillar, Greg, but the rest of the inner sill looks pretty good in the photo.

Have fun,

John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: