FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holden Crewman  (Read 16695 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2003, 03:16:14 AM »

About time we had another poll.

Have you seen this?

http://www.australiancardirectory.com.au/index.cfm?page=news_details&section=6&id=1739

The new Holden Crewman looks like this:

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ekmad
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 08:31:05 AM »

I think that it looks great - another icon for GMH
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 09:05:38 AM »

in a CLASS OF ITS OWN         destined for big things

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 09:13:08 AM »

I think they should spend a bit more time getting the one tonner right first.Its great if you want two bucket seats,but what about the guys that need a 3 seater.
ANSWER.You have to buy a BA Falcon one tonner.They offer you 3 seats,column auto and dedicated gas and all the other goodies at a price that GMH couldnt come near.
Regards Geoff ,owner of 1 Fe Ute,2 Ek sedans and the unthinkable ,a Ba one tonner.
HARKO
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 09:37:44 AM »

Dear God Geoff

(Loudly)   Someone cancel geofs subscription
Shocked
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 07:33:42 PM »

Hi guys,
I think the crewman is awesome!! They won't be able to keep up with production.

Holden hasn't bothered doing a bench seat option, because of the very small take up of that option on their VG-VS utes. It's a situation of supply & demand. If there's no demand, there's no need to supply!! Hope you suffer in your BA. Besides, if you want more than 2 seats, buy a Crewman!

Cheers,

Graham.
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 07:54:36 PM »

Builder we use here in 'land of snow & ice' bought a new F@#D table top (Not even consider calling it a 1 tonner) and in first week (900K's) was told it would need new clutch, flywheel and gearbox, of course this was after being told that all the F@#D manual gearboxs where noisy and the clutch always vibrates.
He is not happy. Cry Cry
The only reason he bought the F@#D was because a very wise Holden 'salesman' told him that Holden was not going to release a new one tonner,he placed a deposit on the F@#D and a week later Holden released the one tonner, he was very unhappy. Sad Sad Angry
Long Live the one tonner and all its derivitives. Grin Grin
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 08:23:31 PM »

Was lucky enough to be invited to the Melbourne launch of the Crewman and Adventra a few weeks ago.
All the utes displayed were "Pilot" vehicles (as they call the prototypes now) and weren't totally as they will end up. The SS versions are just grouse.
The only outstanding problem was the rear seat position was too vertical and leg room a bit squeezy. It will still be a great great ute though if they recline the rear seat back another 10 degrees as they said they were going to.
Holden have gone back to leaf springs on it and it has a full size tub so they'll sell heaps of them.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 08:46:16 PM »

Yes, VERY nice.
ford able compete with Holden utes, phooey!
You all may have noticed how VERY, VERY quiet Ford is, now that they are having trouble with their V8's & Gearboxes. Remember when every ford man & his dog were having a ball taking the piss out of the Gen 3 problems? I am yet to hear one of those guys say "Look here, the ford V8 is rooted too!!".
All I can say is, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.
Every dog has his day!!
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 09:25:39 PM »

the very day the tonner hit our local show room, i was there looking & drooling  .    a bloke had his au(awfully ugly) tray back parked outside & he was talking turkey with the dealer  .    i think blue oval brigades biggest advantage was that holden didn't have a"big"tray back for a while.....f#@d owners also used to tell us how clever f#@d was for coming up with this concept.....30yrs after holden  . i wonder if they would have bothered if gmh hadn't dropped the tonner
                                           trev
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 09:26:56 PM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 01:04:24 AM »

Guys,I would love a Crewman,but it would be too impractical for my needs as a Plumber .I grabbed a crewman brochure a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was fantastic.However I dont want 5 seats,only need 3 and thats mainly so I can pick my two kids up and drive them home safely!.
How much money would it cost Holden to put a 3 seater in the new one tonner anyway.
My Holden dealer said 1 out of 3 people who ask about the one tonner ask about the third seat option.
Time will tell how good the F%#d will be and I'll be the first to tell you guys if the cam welds itself into the head.

PS .Isnt the 3 seater an option on Middle East and other overseas models.Im not sure but I thought I read that somewhere.

Still Holden Lover     Geoffs Fe Ute.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 01:45:52 AM »

Guys,

Being a bit harsh on the competition aren't we?

We bought four XL Falcon AU's two years ago with the bench seat, dedicated LPG and tray. They get driven by the site boys and have clocked up 60,000km or so each and run like the day they were new. Very well appointed for an entry level ute.

One year ago we bought a couple of SS utes. The first one had the motor rebuilt at 25,000km, and mine ticks and slaps away merrily at the moment, just need to find the time to take it down to Suttons for its engine rebuild.

Over the 1st year of ownership I had it back to the dealership eight times for minor repairs. Not as bad as my VS Maloo I had a couple of years ago, mind you, but don't start me on that lemon!

I think the best thing about the current situation of Ford vs Holden is that they are finally listening to the public about what they want, and throwing great new models at us.

With a baby due in November, the SS ute's days are numbered. While the Crewman & Adventura are tempting options, I might just wait to the Cross 8 hits the showrooms before opening the wallet.

Now that will be a ute worth having!

Regards

Ed
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 01:51:53 AM »

Hi all.
Yes, the Cross * looks very nice. What is the 4 wheel wagon going to be called? My wife likes the SS Crewman, but loves the 4x4 wagon! It will be so easy to get one, if she gives the OK!! But, I may have to sell one or 2 of my cars Cry

As for my anti-Ford rant earlier, please excuse me. I must have had an "Angry Moment". I do quite like the look of the new BA XR8 & XR6. Just getting a bit sick of the bagging (Well deserved I might add) that Holden is getting for the Gen 3.

Rob J

fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 03:29:39 AM »

Rob .Will one of those cars that you might sell be an FC Ute?

Regards Geoff
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 03:37:12 AM »

Yes, Geoff.
The ute may be on the market soon, but there is one fella at the head of the line, who gets first dibs if I decide to sell (I owe him). I have been playing around a lot with the performance stuff, & have got some ideas to try on the FB's, so the ute may go. Not sure yet, but if it does, it will go on the forum first.
Rob J

fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2003, 11:26:03 AM »

Was'nt the One Tonner Company building these years ago along with the 'Cab Chassis' Commodore Tray Back.(2nd hand of cause).
Some panel beaters were doing this to HQ-HZ sedans and wagons,some where rough but in the end manufacturer's woke up and now there you have it.

One FC Crewman with extended EK quarters and Continental Kit please. Grin

Regards  Seb   Smiley

Yellow Knight

sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2003, 03:23:46 AM »

Of course the Crewman theme has been around for years!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 06:02:28 AM by sgo » Logged

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2003, 04:23:57 AM »

I'll take it sgo!! Grin
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2003, 05:50:56 AM »

i remember those! ;Ddo you a pic of the red & white fc special crew cab ute too Grin
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 05:51:57 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2003, 08:24:09 PM »

Believe it or not - a red&white FC crewman does (or did) exist. It took part in the 1999 Qld. Variety Bash. Some guys from the Air Force up there grafted an FC  ute tray onto a 186 powered FC sedan. They cut off the boot & rear quarters of the sedan behind the rear window & made it a dual rear wheel job. Looks great & they even carried a Bell helicopter in the ute.
I have some footage of it on video but unfortunately don't know how to transfer it to a computer image. Maybe some guys from the Qld. club could have a pic of it somewhere?
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: