FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ruby - my FC Ute  (Read 51869 times)
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2020, 01:47:37 PM »

You can buy the door jam switches new and run and a positive wire to the switch. The screws earth it.

Phone +64 223509263
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »

heres the recon steering wheel installed.

Very nice.

Dave
0417 270 315
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2020, 05:37:42 PM »

Helen,

You're right.  You'd need to raid a Special for the door jamb switches and wiring.  And hopefully you don't have to run a wire up to the dome lamp for the courtesy switches.

Rob

Ah hadn't thought about the wire up to the dome lamp - that one may be a bit more tricky - will have to have a good look at the wiring - might just leave them if its not there - a job maybe if I ever replace the hood lining
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

The wiring diagram shows a white wire from the switch side of the dome lamp going to the door jamb switches.  It's dashed rather than solid.  That means you'd have to run the wire up to the dome lamp.

You'd have to take the dome lamp out, unplug the orange wire from the dome lamp, tape a guide wire to the orange wire, pull the orange wire through from under the dash until the guide wire comes through, then tape a (white) wire to the orange wire and guide wire, and then pull the guide wire through from the hole in the headlining until the white and orange wires come through.

That's if everything goes ideally and the wires don't snag on the bodywork.  It is a royal pain sending the body wiring up through the A-pillar, and that with no headlining.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2020, 06:44:06 PM »

What you do is use the original power wire to draw through some light tie wire, then pull back power and white earth. Early upgrade I did on my standard sedan.

The switches are available from Rares et al (don’t start rob).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »

Helen, pic of white wire that links the door switches in the A pillars, the last pic shows the clip that secures the wire to the lower dash lip

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2021, 01:11:22 PM »

One more step done - deadener is done.

deadener is in by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »

You didn't miss much Helen. Well done.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2021, 09:03:29 AM »

hey Helen ..wondering how you are and how the ute is ,now we know ,coming along nicely , I had to replace the gearshift tube in the steering column ,thats done ,just some final adjustments as its not selecting 2nd and 3rd gears..Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2021, 05:41:49 PM »

hey Helen ..wondering how you are and how the ute is ,now we know ,coming along nicely , I had to replace the gearshift tube in the steering column ,thats done ,just some final adjustments as its not selecting 2nd and 3rd gears..Vern

Hi Vern, sorry missed your post - still going slowly slowly - just cant manage to spend as much time on the car as I would like to. Did a bit here and there today - including a trial fit of a seat we purchased off another FC ute enthusiast - price compared to getting one reupholstered as original compared to this one was just too good to turn down. 

I'm not that big - and I have to have the seat all the way back to not be touching the steering wheel - not sure how a well built fella  is going to get in there - LOL

seat trial fit by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2021, 02:35:50 AM »

Helen,
That seat back looks like it has a bit of rake. You could try fitting spacers from Pete mallaby etc, only on the rear mounts, which will stand it up a bit and give you another inch maybe, before the seat hits the rear wall. I find in my fb ute though I have the seat pushed back hard on both sides, it is still two holes short of full rearward adjustment. One learns to fold oneself up in the name of the passion.

Another option which I dread to mention is to fit the shorter FB EK column with your original honey pot and wheel, which will give you a lot more room.
Cheers,
Clay

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2021, 08:14:44 AM »

Hi Helen ..Wow Ruby looks all class , the seat is neat ,and I love the steering wheel , I got a second one from Maco on this forum , and did it in , ( don't tell anyone ) Suzuki Pearl White , I know its not stock , but I have always loved white steering wheels , can always swap as req as I have a puller ...keep well Vern ..

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

Little bit more work done - lots to touch up and tweak and windscreens to put in - but I'm pretty happy with the interior colour scheme.

colour scheme (2) by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2021, 10:54:20 PM »

Looks grand Helen!

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2021, 07:23:01 AM »

looks great Helen , you must be so proud , just love the red piping on the sun visors , your door pull handles look exactly like mine !!!!!! and your finished just in time for hopefully a return to normal life ...keep well Vern

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »

Yes, well done, love the red on the steering wheel as well
Ken
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...