FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 05:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: grey motor info needed  (Read 3517 times)
grey nomad

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »

Can anyone tell me the thickness of the " Seal- valve rocker oil connector " p/n 7409401. Its the washers on each side of the connector between the rocker shafts. Also are they available anywhere ??.  Shocked   Thanks Al.
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

Al,

I would guess in the region 1/16" thick.  They're probably difficult to get, but I'd suggest using standard 12 mm garden hose fitting O-rings as a substitute.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »

Think I would be looking for something a little more oil resistant [tolerant]. Hydraulic fitting supplies ,maybe ? Haydn
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »

Haydn, I think your right,  the originals I think are fibre but maybe nylon might be better??   AL.
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »

Happen to have a rocker assembly on my work bench just  now. Has washers that look to be some sort of nylon type material that has been compressed when assembled, is now extremely brittle. It's likely not the original material though. Compressed thickness is a shade under 2mm (1.95mm) but this would vary a smidge between assemblies I'm guessing.
Dan

DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 06:19:33 PM »

Was just trying to think of options for you. Google "bonded seal" they are used in hydraulic applications. They are a washer seal arrangements. You might just find there is a size that matches. Just need the washer to be narrower than the overall gap when assembled so the seal gets a squeeze and the two rocker shafts sit where they need to. Hope that makes sense.
Dan
grey nomad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »

Thanks for every ones suggestions.....I was able to buy nylon washers 24mm x 12mm x 2mm,  I am sure that at that size it will allow me to rework them to correct size when fitting. Once again thanks all for the input.    AL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: