FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:32:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ACT April Garage Run  (Read 8866 times)
ACT59FC
act-club

Model: FC

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »
+1

Look at rear ends of those old girls! Hubba hubba, Just as sexy as the day they were made!

Ive decided Canberra isnt a good place to own an FC Holden. A simple thing like going on a club outing leaves me green with envy at the wonderful cars on display and then I look at poor old Mable all rough as guts and with so many things that need doing and then we go for a drive.....and I dont care anymore. Out on the road enjoying the drive and I decide I own the best FC in the Club, not because she is in showroom condition, not because she has a restored grey under the bonnet ticking over like a sewing machine but because Mable is mine and no matter how bad she looks amongst the beautiful cars I just cant believe I'm lucky enough to own my very own FC.

To all in the FE - HR Holden owner Club ACT members, thanks so much for making Mable and I so welcome.  Smiley

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »

Spoken like a true old car owner  Smiley Smiley Smiley and long may you enjoy your FC as all of us enjoy ours no matter what they look like
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »
+1

Hey Rod - don't be so hard on Mable or yourself.  As you say - just get out and enjoy driving your car.  Bit by bit you will get things done to get her in better condition.  But she is registered and running and the biggest hurdles are in the past.  As we saw at one garage today - you could be a lot further back in the process and years off being able to get out and drive.

It is great to have you and some other newish members in the club, full of love for the old cars and enthusiastic to get involved.

And yes - the ACT club is over represented with fabulous FC's (and some fabulous cars of other models as well) - the display we put on at lunchtime has been dubbed "The Macquarie* Nationals", and with good reason.  There was some really nice stuff on display, but also some honest old unrestored cars that are treasured just as they are.

As they say - happy Motoring!
Cheers,
David

* Macquarie Nationals because we were having a BBQ at the Pryce Senior's place in Macquarie ACT, and put on a mini display of about a dozen cars that were literally stopping the passing traffic and drawing admirers.

ACT59FC
act-club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »

Thanks for the sentiment JOX515. Much appreciated. Cant help but have a smile on my dial in the old girl. One thing is she can only improve from the standard she is now. I dont have to aim real high  Grin

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: