FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 04:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Studs  (Read 3236 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »

I apologise in advance if this has already been answered. I want to replace the wheel studs on a front hub as part of some preventative maintenance. I've done some exhaustive reading on both this site and over at the FB/EK forum but can't seem to find the answer. I see that the replacement studs are slightly longer which I can live with but from what I can gather the serrated part of the stud is longer also. With this in mind I would anticipate that the serrated part wouldn't do through the drum. Am I correct with this. If so, do I need to drill the stud holes out in the drum (something I am very reluctant to do) or do I need to turn down the stud to match the original.

Photos tell a story. This link has the necessary photos: http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13824

Many thanks

Rod
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 03:36:01 PM »

Have a look at NICE products web site for wheel studs. You should be able to get a stud with the correct length shoulder from them.
Even If you have to, there is no real issue in drilling out the drum stud holes a little larger.
The drum is held on the hub centre rather than by the studs.

Ken
oldgrey58

Model: FE

South East Melbourne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 05:50:12 PM »

Hi
I did some shopping around for wheel studs a while ago and found the shoulder on the NICE studs was too long. I ended up with RARES wheel studs which were spot on. They are the slightly longer ones which are better if you aren't using original wheels. They suit original wheels as well.
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 04:56:09 PM »

Many thanks Ken and oldgrey58. I will follow these up.

Cheers

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: