FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 21, 2024, 01:39:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thermostat housing  (Read 2786 times)
Rodger

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:16:30 PM »

Hello, my fc has a thermostat housing that rises straight upwards.  Someone drew my attention to the fact that most for sale are angled to some degree.  As I cannot find other than an angular upper housing for sale can someone inform me if that is fine to use albeit with a different upper hose.  Or can anyone suggest a provider of the upright version.  thank you.

Rodger
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:59:41 AM »

All i can find is the angled ones on ebay (except a really expensive orginal one) your standard radiator hose will fit fine and it will only rotate a little bit.

Most original ones are pretty chewed out (like mine) i wouldnt stress just fit the new angled one.

Or i would have an old one laying around.

Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »

The 'angled' ones are designed for EJ/EH. To my knowledge no aftermarket company has ever made the older straight-up thermostat housing. Aftermarket thermostat housings were introduced to the market during the late 70s & early 80s, long after Greys ceased production.

The angled one will fit OK.

Dr Terry
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »

Just for amusement's sake - Chevsofthe40s.com has a replacement thermostat housing for the stovebolt 6.  Cast iron, vertical outlet, part number 839232T, US$45.00.  It has an extra pad cast on, which you'd have to grind off to make it look like the Holden part, but otherwise I'd bet they're interchangeable.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: