FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:10:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC PMG Van Resto Project  (Read 68571 times)
Jolls
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2023, 07:55:35 AM »

Nice work - a good job is always in the preparation!

Enjoying watching your project come to life. I am aways behind with my ute and don't have the space/time (doing a major house reno) to get stuck into the bodywork as yet. I have been focussed on the electrical and small items that I can knock off. I am dropping in to check the prototype glass stickers today for the idiot lights and fuel gauge so will let you know what the come up like as a potential fall back until you find something original.

Cheers
Jolls

Cheers n Beers

Jolls
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2023, 01:41:05 PM »

Very nice work Gman
Gman

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2023, 07:52:50 AM »

Thanks guys!

That'd be great Jolls.

I'm not a panel beater but here we go...

This mess is gonna be fun, I recon someone picked this up with a forklift at some point  Cry

Probably doesn't look like it but that came a long way out, I think i'll gently heat it to get the rest. Old metal it tuff as!!

Jolls
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2023, 12:30:55 PM »

I love the mechanical advantage approach. Work smart not hard.

Cheers n Beers

Jolls
Gman

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2023, 04:05:03 PM »

Righto, Christmas is over, bit tired of body work so onto the fuel tank.

Massive thanks to Greg (gmhwagoon) for finding this in Ballarat for me, it came out of an FE wagon wreck. It still had fuel in it!!
Needs a few repairs but nothing major. Carried out an internal clean with KBS aqua blast which looking with a torch seemed to do wonders.
These pics are of cleaning all the paint and body deadner off, mineral turps works a treat on deadner.

So a couple of questions for the gurus, what was the tank coated in originally? is it galvanised or some sort of lead coating? There seems to be some silver paint on the filler neck that was under the deadner, is that correct? What would be the best process to restore the outer part of the tank to make it appear original?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: