FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Std FE wagon  (Read 30780 times)
cam58tiger
qld-club

Model: FE

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

Recently acquired standard FE wagon. Has lived all it's life on the Darling Downs in SE Qld and I'm the 3rd owner.

Cuban Beige (repainted) with fall red interior and everything pretty original still.

Zero rust & nice to drive, though I do that sparingly to keep it < 30,000 miles for as long as I can!

Cam
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Very Nice.
Looks in great condition... congrats
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 06:50:54 PM »

Wow, that's nice. Can you show a pic of the rear cargo area to add information.
Of 3000 cars recorded I have only 17 std FE wagons.
I do have a car number 1614 recorded with only 22000 miles belonging to Ken Hobbins in Qld.
It was also in Cuban Beige. This car wouldn't be it would it?

Ken
cam58tiger
qld-club

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »

Yes Ken that's the car. It hasn't done many miles since you corresponded with kenny (via Richard Thomas' letter of july 2003). It was a  hard decision of kenny's to let her go. He negotiated visiting rights into the terms of sale!
cam58tiger
qld-club

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:39:16 AM »

Couple more pics

Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:06:40 AM »

Hi Cam...as I said to you on FB, saw your car at David Hack Day....It is as good in the flesh as in the pics..  Hope you are bringing it to the Nats next year.. cheers, Mike.
cam58tiger
qld-club

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »

Thanks Mike, i saw & liked your sedan too. Classy colour combination going on there!

Yep i hope to get along to the nats
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 06:44:33 PM »

Good to see some pics of the old girl on the forum, Cam. Very nice looking wagon, really hope I get to see it in person at Toowoomba.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
detective

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 07:31:58 AM »

...great original old wagon cam58  ..  the load area floorboards look like they may have had some restorative work carried out ??...(it would be great to see the original style vinyl/plastic covering re-instated)....but what a perfect example of one of these rare girls...congratulations and best of luck with her.
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »

What a remarkable find. It'll be a head turner anywhare.

Dave
0417 270 315
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »

Detective, don't understand your comment.
I thought we just established that the standard FE wagons didn't have material in the rear. This is a perfect example of what an FE 219 should look like after the criticism from the motoring  press

Ken
detective

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »

...yes Ken  ..  please excuse me for that blunder...cheers
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 12:45:47 PM »

Hi Guys,

FE standard wagons did have diamond material in the rear cargo area definitely up to a certain build number which currently alludes me. My old wagon had the original material in the back and it was build number
700  every one built before that had material and I will come back to you with the build number they stopped.
Frank Micalef now owns mine and I'm still sorry I sold it

Regards Mick
detective

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

...Hi mate  ..  it's been ascertained that the FE standard wagons had the diamond pattern cargo area covering up to body number 1487A with no floor strips, but beyond that the standard wagons right through to EK apparently had no floor covering but the 5 floor strips....cheers
cam58tiger
qld-club

Cam Sargent
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »

Thank you all for appreciation. I'm very happy with it.
This wagon helps with the loss of my FC van after 26yrs of ownership :-)

I remember you telling me Mick at the Tmba swap in Feb that you had sold your FE std wagon & regretted it. Funnily enough I'd only just had a conversation with Kenny 20min beforehand about his (this) wagon, which I ended up buying!

This wagon's build no. is 1614, so I guess the vinyl-less cargo area is legit.

Cam
fe van
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 10:18:19 AM »

G'day Cam I love your wagon, my question is about the colour I have a fe van going off the tag, should be Cuban beige with a fall red trim, is that the correct colour as when I looked up the colours the colour was a lot darker and not that appealing, but if yours is the correct shade I can live with that. my tag reads trim-166-682 paint-253-7455  thanks Darren.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 01:24:48 PM »
+1

Darren - I wouldn't trust what colours look like on the screen.  The best way to be sure is to see a car in the flesh.

I have an FE sedan in Russet Brown over Cuban Beige.  My car does not look anything like the colour of Cam's car as it appears on my computer screen.  His car looks much whiter than mine does.  My car has a stronger pink shade to the beige.

If you want to know what Cuban Beige looks like, I recommend you see it in the flesh. (It will obviously be love at first sight, because who couldn't love a Cuban Beige body?)

You will get an idea of the colour of my car by clicking on the link to Ridgey Didge's FE at the bottom of the screen in my post.

Where are you located? Someone near to you may be able to get you a look at a Cuban beige car.

And Cam - very jealous.  What a great car!

Cheers
David

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »

I agree with David, sunlight will make most colours look paler than original. Cuban beige would be darker than in the pics in real life.

Ken
fe van
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »

Thanks for the reply's, the one's that I have seen pictures of all have brown interior's, I'm sure I have read my tag correctly I just cant see a red interior with the colour that I have seen, when I saw Cam's wagon I thought yeah that looks correct, I was going to go with elk blue but if there is not many with this colour combo, I might change my mind lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: