FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:41:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Adelaide body date and Zephyr info  (Read 14623 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »

Stuffs me. I'm high on endone after my surgery getting my head cut open for a new brain (well cancers removed)
Ain't no way I can see a light wind
a zephyr is a light wind

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »

How's you brain going. What did they find in there?

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »

Ok. I did a bit to the car. I checked the I'd plate and its definitely that number. Not sure why it's showing a 59 but that's what fits with the seat. Later today I'm going to sand down layers of paint on the back qtr to see what colours it had where. So the 18852 body number is correct so I will go with that. The L motor isn't the original I don't think. I'll post up the head number Ken and get you to identify that for me and do same with gearbox. Bit hard til kids go to school.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »

Well 18852 dates the car to December 1959. It is not a 1958 model car. If you can locate the chassis number then this acts as a confirmation. The car should have embossed seats, chrome trim extension from the C pillar right back to the fin and the rear door windows should not wind all the way down into the door body, they should stop about an inch out.

Ken
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 12:50:05 AM »

Ken thank you heaps for that. You can see why if I know when that pic was taken, on opening day, then I can date the cars in the pic etc. It does have the embossing on back seat but that is likely to have been worn out and replaced being a cab. I'm so glad I got the licence cos I may have doubted it's authenticity but I have left black panels on it for now too. Could you tell from the winder mech part number as it's all stripped or other inner door parts? Is it real late on the December run then? Also here's that Iindent I was talking about. If it is a late one then where is the markings for the number as I had trouble finding it today. Keep getting the cars mixed up. It is possible given it was an L engine that it has an incorrectly written number on the rego as I wouldn't think another fc engine would have been changed so early in the docs if you get me. The reason I'm thinking it's the correct engine is that often in my days as a mechanic working on new trucks the rego place made errors. Am I crazy or could the "64" in the number be right and the first digit wrong etc and it be a typo. I'll check the head as I said. Remember I'm trying to date the car. I don't have the l block. A few times I've spoke like it still has that engine in it. Now Ken, I doubt that it ever run out of rego. But cos I have more than 1 rego slip they all give the 6 or 12 month rego date options as 9/12 or 9/6. So given that the engine is a may one (if engine was for that car) then it looks like it correlates with May and not June, so the 9 December rego date seems more plausable thus verifying the Dec 1959 body. I think I might be right with it being a Dec engine too but was written wrong when first registered as long as u can verify that an engine starting with 64 could be a December block 1959! Bloody hell.  

Deano

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »

Ok, in theory a December 1959 engine would be about L64---- so your theory about the mistake on the rego paper could be correct. The simplest way to confirm the date is to cross check with the chassis number. This will confirm without a shadow of a doubt. With the data to date I can only get as close as December 1959. Chassis number will tie it down more.

Re the indent in the rear quarter - I thought you were talking about under the extension chrome piece. The marks you are showing in the picture are common to all FC's it is just an unfinished join under the chrome fin. No point in going to effort fixing something that will be covered up.

Ken
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »

Thanks. I'm just going to post up a pic comparing the rear fins as there aren't many pics about.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 08:20:55 PM »

Ok Ken, revisiting this here before I put on build page, the gearbox from taxi is 16/12/1959 build date and the engine is 18/12/1959. So what date was the last fc made? I have it home and I'm glad it's the original head and gearbox. Must have a million Kay's on them lol. 

Deano

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: