FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:03:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 28 spline vn-vs BW short axle  (Read 1692 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:44 PM »

I just wanting to know whether the measurements quoted by sellers is taken from the inside flange of the inner hub to the end of the splines. Just checking. Also, with the collar with the four bolts, is there much clearance on the standard back side of it where it's rounded to where it sits adjacent to the rotating assembly hub. I took pics and measurements but can't find them. Using a long rod to measure I need to get an axle that's 45 ish mm longer for the old long side to suit my requirements. Does anyone know of a link which tables the options available as I might like to toy with different options. Also, what is the maximum track at the edge of the tyre (not rim) that generally works with 1 inch lowered springs. I have brand new springs. This scenario is for 17" diameter. But my diff was measured using a 15", mid range type offset.

What is the standard length of a stock short side if the above is how it's measured. Cool

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: