FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:20:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hyundai handbrake mech  (Read 2204 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:47:59 PM »

Hi all. Just though I'd post this separately as it's a newer idea but I can't find the thread. I'm about to pull a handbrake assembly from a vs cos I'm running a vs Ute diff. I am wanting to know if I should just get it to where it leaves the handbrake lever assembly or should I get a Hyundai or aftermarket one. It will have most probably vb seats so will be located in centre BUT toragos have the foot brake so I'm also investigating this as an option. Given that I plan to use an.electronic gearbox with paddle shift, I am trying to make it so that it's possible to easily convert back to a bench seat with the centre free. The other option I thought of was to do an electronic handbrake like the new Commodore but that's already bugging me cos it's unnerving but a good idea. Thanks.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »

Maybe you could mount it to the right of the floor, like HQ?

That way you would have no problems fitting the bench back in.

Have a look at Lokar handbrakes and associated cables. Pete's running one, I think. So am I.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 11:37:51 PM »

Yeah I completely forgot about them. I thought they felt funny cos no resistance when putting the lever down. With twin exhaust might be interesting.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »

What's wrong with using the original handbrake to lever and pull the VS steel cables?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: