FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:57:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc van seam seal rubber?  (Read 4294 times)
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2015, 05:13:59 PM »

Hey. Wondering if someone can help me. My vans on a rotisserie and is going to get sandblasted soon. I noticed a seam seal at the rear of the car. Its located behind the wheel arches and wraps to the back of the car next to spare wheel door. It seals a gap of around 10-15 mm between the outer skin of car and the panel van elevated floor.  It is made of rubber and riveted to the chassis.  It looks original? Before I cut it out what can I replace it with. Rares reckoned they didn't make anything for it. Do I just use a mastic gun type seam sealer or is there a suitable replacement out there?     Thanks
Miikael
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »

Paintable polyurethane maybe . Haydn
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »

Yes it is original, I think it is there because it allows a slight amount of movement between the quarter and the floor. In a sedan there is a linking panel to the bottom of the quarter panel so GMH could have done the same if they wished to in the van.
I used a piece of new windscreen rubber trimmed to suit in the last van I did.

Ken
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »

Hey Ken thanks for the info. I tried clark rubber for a suitable replacement and found a couple that look like they'll work.  You don't remember what type of windscreen rubber it was that you used?

Miikael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

I think at the time I was doing some prototyping work for Rare Spares with an FC standard screen rubber, so I think it was one of those.  I know I trimmed it into an "L" shape so it would slide down from above and then I put some rivets in to replicate the originals.
The original rubber seemed to have been put in place before the quarter was put on so was virtually impossible to replicate exactly (in my opinion)

Ken
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 01:45:35 PM »

Pinchweld rubber is what you are after we use it on  all our switchboards
https://ovesco.com.au/products.php?catname=Rubber%20Products&cat=4&sub=19&subname=Pinchweld%20Rubbers

so 1105.50 is probably the closest

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: