FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a new Holden  (Read 5094 times)
Peter Phillips
« on: June 19, 2003, 12:09:51 AM »

Would like Forum users views on purchasing a new Holden.

Thanks.

Peter Phillips
http://www.hunterholdencremorne.com
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 01:32:43 AM »

I myself would never by a brand new car, why get a car that loses a few grand of it's worth as soon as you drive out the dealership?

I went through the exercise of buying the company car that I drive.
In general, the Dealership loves you until you speak up about any problems. I found some rust in a Falcon only 2yrs old, they gave me a mid 80s Meteor as a loan car when they fixed it!

Not sure how the rest of Australia operates, but the system at a couple of dealerships here sucks big-time.

1st - Salesman banter and negs, once that's settled -

2nd - Person who tries to flog paint protection, alarms and other ridiculously overpriced options.

3rd - The finance guy, who tries to sell over priced or insurance that is not really required.

my 2 cents

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 03:40:43 AM »

Good initiative Peter, but I'm with Stinky on this one.

New cars... hmmm

The thing I hate about buying a new car is...

Being trapped into a finance deal, ultimaltey left with no other option but to buy another one, because you're left with a rapidly depreciating asset, not even worth the balloon or residual of the finance.

Warranties voided by lifting a spanner onto the motor.

Dealers not honouring warranty claims, (ie read the fine print)

Insurance that costs a bomb!! (every time u think u reach the cheaper age bracket, they hike it anyway).

however...

A good service team, and service people who know their product new and old.. will win me!

what loses me...

the price of new OEM parts...

maybe this is a rant?

sorry

Ed

in the shed
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 03:49:14 AM »

I am with STINKY on this one.

I have purchased 2 new cars in the past 8 years and looked in many car yards to find the one I wanted, at the right price and the best service, it was a toyota. when I puchased the second car I went straight back to that Adelaide Toyota Dealer and the service was still the same if not better.

Car salesman give me the sh%ts they treat ppl like they came down in the last show. So go have a good hard look at yourselves and have some respect for your customers.

If a car salesman dicks me around and tries to spin me a load of sh#t I tend to give him the facts of life and take my business else were.

So to answer your questions Huh

Do not try to sell me all this fancy bullshit.
Do not piss in my pocket,
Do not try and sell your over inflated finance,
Respect me as the customer, give the cold hard facts with none of the crap and maybe I might, might buy your car.

Just my thoughts.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 03:55:21 AM »

Hi.
I had a business & purchased a brand new Pulsar SSS.

I left the showroom & was told 3 days to wait for the car (I bought one that was just in & on display). 2 weeks later, I got it.

Drove to the north of the state & the "Air-con" shat itself. Took it back into the service dept & for the next 4 weeks, had the car in & out 8 times because they COULD NOT fix the problem. At one stage, they accused me of tampering with it.  Angry

All in all, I do not think I would ever buy a new car again, the salesmen piss in your pocket when you are buying, but when I asked if he could help with the servicing problems I was having, he told me it was not his department & couldn't interfere.
Everytime I take it in for a scheduled service, they stuff up the alarm system & set it off. Resulting in me having to go in & fix it.

MAN, I could go on & on, but won't bore you all.
Lets face it, the cars are overpriced, plastic, salesmen are paid to sell the car, so they ARE NOT going to tell you everything, they depreciate & once it is yours, the service department don't give a stuff.

Also, everytime I pick the car up, the stereo is on 30, the seats are WAY back & it smells as if it has had a fair flogging. I KNOW the little scumbag who takes it to get washed flogs it.

RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 04:11:06 AM »

Hey Robbie J..

You just hit it on one there..

I truly dislike how the service guys drive your car home if u choose to late pick up your car..

EG.

my partner had her car in.. decided to pick it up late next arvo.. 250kms were added, Coke was sprayed on the roof lining and console... some smart arse drove it home and had to drink a Coke as well.. arghhh....

Same thing happened with my motorcycle..  extra kms were added.. "im sorry sir your bike isnt ready quite yet.. yeah sure.. 250kms later....."  you thought car guys were bad.. motorcycle guys are 100 times worse!!  u r judged on what u ride, and how much wear the tyres have on the edges!

I must add these are not Holdens..

another coupla cents.. rant rant rant... lol

Ed

in the shed
leon

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 09:47:17 AM »

:)G Day fellows.
Why would you want to when we already have the best. Regards Leon.  Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 02:41:09 AM »

Well, you might need to go somewhere when it's raining! Grin  Seriously though, you need something to take to the supermarket that you're game to walk away from Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 03:57:09 AM »

True!
Don't get me wrong, some of the new cars are great. But it is all the crap you have to wade through, then put up with when you get it.
You need a second run around?? I would buy a 2 yo car. There are a lot out there that you wouldn't touch, but every so often, a nice car pops up. By the time that model is 2 years old, any problems would have been highlighted, so you can weigh up the pro's & con's. There are magazines which tell you exactly what to look for, what is good & bad about that car & how much to pay.
Who then needs the pushy salesman, who after you're signed, forgets everything he promised??
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: