FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Price List from W.T. Coggins  (Read 20019 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2002, 04:26:08 AM »

Note the inclusion of the "Station Waggon" price as distinct from the Station Sedan already listed.

This page is part of a collection of documents that my grandfather kept from his purchase of a new FC Holden in 1959.  In addition to this page there is a Coggins' Accessory price list, an original sales brochure (also with "Bruce Menzies" stamped on it), a tri-fold A4 flyer about the Coggins dealership, two of Menzies' business cards (one of which has prices for FC Sedan, rego and 3rd party pencilled on it) as well as the purchase papers and rego papers.  I'll add more of these as I get the chance.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 04:41:40 AM »

Here is the Accessory Price List.  There were probably some accessories added by NASCO after the date this list was produced* - 15/8/58, but it's still a pretty complete list of accessories, prices and part numbers.

cheers
RET

* I'd be able to check this if my grandfather's son Wink hadn't borrowed my "Accelerator" collection for a bit of light reading.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 06:06:10 AM »

Hey RET,

How many Panel Van's without the rear window have you seen? I haven't come across any... Maybe Guru Ken has seen some.

With regards to the ad's I'll take one of each with all the extra's... Is credit card okay by you? Grin Grin

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 08:51:20 AM »

Hey Richard.
Thanks for the new section. I hope to post here often, so all who visit this site, keep an eye out for some interesting paper based history.
Thanks also for the extra stars.....whooHoo. Now I need to reach Guru status..Lol.
Jason
Here is a pick of a van without the accesory rear window. It belongs to an early member of the NSW club, Wes Collis. Last I heard, the car was laid up after a head on collision.
Regards
Alex

brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 08:53:16 AM »

Hi Ret, top stuff mate,interesting reading.
I couldnt help notice that they didnt miss ya with the sales tax back then either.......lol

1959 Black Std sedan
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »

This thread got me thinking I should scan these and post 'em on the forum. Turns out I promised to do it a while back. So, 12 years later...

Here's the original FC Sales Brochure, with the salesman's name stamped on the cover:

Here are his business cards with the prices for the FC hand-written on them:

W.T. Coggins had a trifold brochure with details of their dealership and a images of FCs cribbed from the sales brochure:

Anyhow, Poppy was convinced, and bought a maroon and white FC Special Sedan:

Here's its first registration:

For better or worse, this car was long gone by the time I came onto the scene. I don't believe there are even any photos of it, although there are rumoured to be slides. Somewhere...

The earliest car I recollect him having was a Leyland, followed by a LJ Torana.

Hope that's interested someone. Sorry it took a while to get around to Smiley

cheers
RET

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »

These are great to look back on even if you don't have a photo.

Dave
0417 270 315
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »
+1

Thanks for sharing Richard.
You need to get your Dad onto digging out those slides.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: