FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:36:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Methanol and E85 in grey motors  (Read 1337 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »
+1

Hi, my name is Harv, and I am an alcoholic and meth-addict. I'm guessing many of you would ahve suspected that for a while  :lol: .

As a side project, I've been tinkering around with Stromberg carbs again (yeah, I know... attention span of a goldfish  :oops: ). I've got a bit more info stored up, and am thinking about putting out an Addendum to the Strommie Guide. One of the topics I've been working through is how to run oxygenated fuels (both methanol and E85) in Strommies. This is a bit more in-depth than the normal bantering seen where people discuss fuel... the write-up is around 8 pages so far. This info is based on some pretty good wet flow testing.

What I'm interested in is hearing from anyone who is actually running methanol or E85 through a Strommie (or in a grey motor via say SUs). Looking to compare carb setup (and how you determined what to use) against my notes. Not so interested in the "you gotta run more compression, high flow head, big exhaust, advanced igntion timing" part of the story... more the carb side.

Cheers,
Harv (alky and meth-head).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: