FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:38:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need a New Oil Filter?  (Read 3935 times)
craiga
« on: June 14, 2003, 10:31:36 AM »

Check this out  Shocked The worlds most expensive Oil Filter.

For sale on eBay with a starting bid of $80.00, but if your impatient (and rich) you can buy it now for just $350.00.

Come on, what are you waiting for, you even get a free box to put the old filter in Huh

« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 10:32:45 AM by craiga » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 12:06:47 PM »

Oh my god, a PF10. I can't believe one of these still exist. Do you know how rare this is? Only $350!!!! Where's the link. Bloody kids can starve for a few days can't they? I need one of these.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
Regards
Alex

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 03:13:06 AM »

Too right.
That fella bought that filter off me on Ebay 18 months ago. I found it in an old dealer, put it on Ebay for $30 (would have been happy with that) & then it went through the bloody roof. It finished at $280 Shocked Shocked Shocked

At some stage he has damaged it though, as there is a chip on the front now. When I sold it, it was perfect.
True though, they are EXTREMELY RARE!!
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
craiga
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 08:16:02 AM »

Rob,

I reckon the new chip on it was from when his wife chucked it at him when she found out how much he paid for it. It's a wonder she didn't stick it 18 inches up his bum!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Surely you could re-create this look on a modern filter for a fraction of the cost. Paint a new one Black and get a bloody sticker made up for christ sake!! You could fix a nut to the end fairly easily. I mean, you have a fair bit of cash to play with when a new replacement filter for a Red Six is $4.95 at SuperCheap.

Just my opinion..................

:-/

Cheers,

Craig.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 09:27:51 AM »

Hi.
Yes Chris. My wife would have stuffed it down my throat if I had paid that much to by it, but selling it, she was stoked.
As for reproducing them, it has been done. BUT, the indentations on the outside are different than the new ones. Also, the little nut has "AC DELCO PF10" stamped into the end. If a judge spots that, extra points!!
But, worth it?? I don't really think. I would rather spend the cash on a Wilsonia gauge or something similar.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 09:00:02 AM »

Dito, I think Sonja would insert it further than 18" if I had spent that kind of cash on an oil filter. I am with Rob I would spend it on a nice Wilsonia gauge.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: