FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:21:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TRAILER WINCH  (Read 4005 times)
fink

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »

Can I plz get a heads up on a good T/Trailer Electric Winch,i see so many on Ebay I'm gett'n dizzy,a recommendation goes a long way,thanks,Gaz!
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

mines a tmax
And word of warning for nsw people
The local police are booking  trailers with winches if they are not TT registered $680 fine as its considered a tow vehicle.
My winch is rated to 4.5 tonnes and fits on a conventional winch mount.
Beats using a manual winch.
It powered off my car now it has a cable from a solenoid in the engine bay off the battery using a medium anderson plug.
My mates mum owns a canvas shop so we made a cover coppers cant make me remove it..

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:19:39 PM by FCRB26 » Logged

john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Ridge-Ryder-3000lb-12V-Electric-Winch-W-Dyneema.aspx?pid=341685#Cross
i know a few with this one, and it works well, but you need to fab the surround for the cable runner

this one was on sale last week for $480 or something like that
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Ridge-Ryder-9-500Lb-12V-4WD-Recovery-Winch.aspx?pid=219721#Cross

if you have 1k you want to spend idd look at warn,
there are heaps for sale online, but whats the warranty worth too you

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
fink

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

Thanks guy's i'll look into it !
57effie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »

Re load capacity of winch, Rule of thumb, use dead weight of that which you want to winch and double it.
It's one of those things that it pays to spend money for quality even if you don't use it very often.

Mark
Crumpsnr

Model: FC

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »

Hi all,

I spoke to the RTA/RMS in NSW today about my Fargo truck, given that I might want to fit a winch to it to allow me to pull the FC onto it, or any other car that I might want to bring home. I explained the truck will be used only to carry my own cars, or those of friends or club members on a service only basis. ie no charge. I was told I can do that with no probs as I'm not conducting a business, and I'm therefore not classed as a tow truck operator. From the RMS web site, "Tow truck operator means a person who conducts a business involving the operation of any tow truck for the purposes of towing motor vehicles.".
Regards, Martyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: